BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2013 THREAD

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So what are you all hoping for your team in the draft?

For the Packers I see Safety, Defensive Line and Offensive Line as the priority areas. Vaccarro should be long gone before we pick but if Elam or Cyprien are on the board still they might be good options at safety. I think we will take a Running Back at some point in the draft but not in round one like some mocks have us taking Lacy. Tight End could be an option (I can see this being Finley's last season) with Eifert a quality prospect at that position, if he's not there then someone like Escobar in round two or three might be an option. We will take a Wide Reciever in one of the later rounds as we have a good history of bringing in and developing wide receivers and with Jennings gone that would be a good move.

This draft class is pretty deep and it wouldn't surprise me if we see some teams trying to trade down and possibly out of the first round to get more value in the second and third rounds.

Main thing is I'm hoping we don't trade at chuffing 5am again.!!!

My site will updated and chat room open until Stella wins .. Had 3 hours sleep in the last 48 .

On it all night but tommorow I'm taking eldest out for his birthday , bad planning !

First of all happy to see Rodgers signed to a new deal, if anyone deserves that sort of money it's him.

On to the draft well overall I was pretty happy about it. As long as we can get enough push up front by the o-line to create lanes we should finally have a running game. I thought Lacy and Franklin were two great picks, many experts predicted them to be two of the top running backs in the class. I think both Lacy and Franklin are better than anything we currently have in the team in the running game and both have shown to be pretty good at pass protection. A combination of Lacy/Franklin/Harris sounds good.

Datone Jones is the sort of DE we have been looking for for years- big, tall and atheletic. We haven't had that since we let Cullen Jenkins go.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll send you a PM Abbs, there's three teams you can takeover, as the first to reply I'll send you the rosters of all three and you can choose who you want. You get to keep two of the players and the rest go back in to the pot for the draft.

Regarding Gibbs - any sign that suggests we're trying to keep Peyton upright and healthy is a positive one.

Per NFL.com -

UPDATE: Well, so much for that. The Broncos have not made any contact with Urlacher and are not interested in signing the veteran linebacker, Broncos sources tell KCNC-TV's Gary Miller on Tuesday

Archived