BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holiday Help

I'm after some advice if anyone can give it. We're hoping to go to New York in October with the kids and we think that renting an apartment might be the best option

Has anyone or anyone you know done this? Is it a good idea?

Haven't done it in NY but have elsewhere. It definetely worked for us and is probably cheaper than hotels.

The one thing to remember is the holiday is for everyone so everybody needs to pitch in and help with cooking Eric.

Haven't done it in NY but have elsewhere. It definetely worked for us and is probably cheaper than hotels.

The one thing to remember is the holiday is for everyone so everybody needs to pitch in and help with cooking Eric.

Poor Eric :)

I'm after some advice if anyone can give it. We're hoping to go to New York in October with the kids and we think that renting an apartment might be the best option

I went with a group of people, we rented a house and it was great. I would recommend the Manhattan townhouse (http://www.vrbo.com/91928#) if there are 5 or more people on the trip, otherwise lots of good options in Tribecca etc. The townhouse I have linked can be split in to two seperate apartments that fits at least 6 people in each if I remember correctly. 5 min walk to Central Park and on 85th between 1st and York. Couple of great bars close by and a diner we ate in most mornings.

Airbnb is the best way to do this in my opinion. It's arguably the leading website for this type of thing in the world. I've used it for other cities and it's been great. You have to have good standard of place to be on it. My friend from Germany used it when he went to New York last year and got a great place in Brooklyn. I would recommend Brooklyn over Manhattan as the place to stay as it will be far cheaper and is still very easy to get into Manhattan from.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/

Archived