BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Smoking Areas

The BRFC Action Group lobbied for this for several months and it's good news that the club have decided to trial it. It's better for the smokers and none smokers. People will be able to breathe in the toilets etc without walking into a smog that London during the Industrial Revolution would be similar too.

This toilet smoking business is perplexing me. Obviously it's highly demeaning to need to suck on dummy tit / comforter through life and those concerned must have no sense of shame for being so weak but why not just put a few stewards in and around the toilets to stop it?

Can of worms, but any chance they'd allow electronic cigarettes in certain areas? I know a lot of people are naive and against them due to being fed government driven propergander, but it may be an option?

hey I've a proper gander! The goose is laying eggs at the moment and he'll tackle anything and anybody who goes anywhere near!

I wouldn't go in a smoking area with my e cig. Defeats the point dosent it?

errr re: inhaling nicotine at regular intervals. What exactly is the point?

There's a variety of flavours mate, I'm on Custard at the minute ;-) Tarts Knickers sounds an Interesting flavour though! :lol:

I think I'll start a campaign for everyone else to go to the smoking area when they need to fart! One objectionable smell being pretty similar to another and better away from the seating area.

errr re: inhaling nicotine at regular intervals. What exactly is the point?

I think I'll start a campaign for everyone else to go to the smoking area when they need to fart! One objectionable smell being pretty similar to another and better away from the seating area.

Nowt more self righteous than an ex smoker eh Gord?

Indeed so. Must say 20 years on and I'd hate to be one now. tbh I doubt personal pride would allow me. Never mind the obvious and almost inevitable early deaths involved, I really never realised how much smokers stink when I was one of them, their clothes, breath, hair ... everything carries the tell tale pungent odour.

Make no mistake otto smoking is a character weakness. People look so pathetic having to stand outside buildings shivering in the cold and wet simply to service their addiction. Also the discomfort of long distance flights, football matches etc. Smoking has become humiliating and demeaning to any given individual. Not only that but it was £3 for a 20 packet of B&H back then, I guess a 20 a day habit will now be upwards of £3000 p.a. won't it? Who the hell can afford that? Still we have lots of people who love to moan that circa £200 is too much for a full ST at Ewood! :rolleyes: As far as I know BRFC is maybe bad but not bad for your health! :huh: Hmmmm well at least it doesn't kill you! :rover: Perhaps we should have a tick box to declare who smokes and who doesn't on that ST thread? That'd be funny wouldn't it?

btw do you still smoke otto?

Indeed so. Must say 20 years on and I'd hate to be one now. tbh I doubt personal pride would allow me. Never mind the obvious and almost inevitable early deaths involved, I really never realised how much smokers stink when I was one of them, their clothes, breath, hair ... everything carries the tell tale pungent odour.

Make no mistake otto smoking is a character weakness. People look so pathetic having to stand outside buildings shivering in the cold and wet simply to service their addiction. Also the discomfort of long distance flights, football matches etc. Smoking has become humiliating and demeaning to any given individual. Not only that but it was £3 for a 20 packet of B&H back then, I guess a 20 a day habit will now be upwards of £3000 p.a. won't it? Who the hell can afford that? Still we have lots of people who love to moan that circa £200 is too much for a full ST at Ewood! :rolleyes: As far as I know BRFC is maybe bad but not bad for your health! :huh: Hmmmm well at least it doesn't kill you! :rover: Perhaps we should have a tick box to declare who smokes and who doesn't on that ST thread? That'd be funny wouldn't it?

btw do you still smoke otto?

No my friend I have been vaping for around 15 months now. Weaned myself of the nicotine liquid and now just vaping flavours for the pleasure of it. Vaping this way has the attributes that we enjoyed about smoking, but without the same health risks (My Mrs says I no longer sound like Darth Vader!) I'm surprised by how much healthier and fitter I feel. After 37 years addicted to the demon weed I think this invention is a god send.

Oh and I've also rediscovered how good food tastes as my taste buds have come back to life.

Interesting article Abs and just goes to show how easy it is to misinterpret information. See copied paragraph below;

The Portland State study fits right into this dynamic. It is, on the one hand, factually true that vaping at an extremely high voltage will cause formaldehyde-releasing agents to develop.

But this conclusion is highly misleading. People don’t vape at a high voltage because it causes a horrible taste — “a burning taste that occurs from overheating the liquid,” wrote Konstantinos Farsalinos, a Greek scientist and vaping expert, in an email to me. Farsalinos has done human studies of vaping and discovered that above a certain voltage — lower than the high voltage test on the Portland State study — people simply couldn’t inhale; the taste was unbearable.

Indeed, the study actually conveys good news. When used at normal voltage, vaping does not produce formaldehyde! “Rather than scaring people about the dangers of vaping and alarming them to the ‘fact’ that vaping raises their cancer risk above that of smoking, we should instead be regulating the voltage and temperature conditions of electronic cigarettes so that the problem of formaldehyde contamination is completely avoided,” wrote Michael Siegel, a professor of public health at Boston University, on his blog. But given the way the Portland State authors characterized their research, it’s no surprise that headline writers took away a different message.

Archived