BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire County Council Tip Charges/Permits for ALL

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/inert-waste.aspx

Not applicable to Blackburn but Lancs council are introducing a hair brained scheme to charge residents for disposing of certain DIY rubbish they call inert

Residents need to apply for a permit (or get charged £3.50 per bag)

Permits allow 10 bags per year then each one is chargeable (£3.50 per bag)

Only 1 car per household can be nominated

You have to nominate your tip which includes

Farington Preston Chorley Longridge Lytham Burscough Skelmersdale Altham Clitheroe Haslingden Fleetwood Burnley Lancaster Barnoldswick Carnforth

As usual this has been badly publicised by the council, if at all (I only say it mentioned by accident on the LET website), so there's going to be carnage at tips on June 1st

I'm not really sure who exactly at the tip is going to police this. The workers at the Farringdon tip are nice enough but I cannot see how they will cope with the weekend traffic, and that tip is massive and brand spanking new.

Fly tipping will increase and/or people will just drip feed bits of excluded waste into general waste bins/garden waste bins/general waste black bin bags taken to the tip

And all to save just £750k a year !!!!!

Perhaps we should ask the Council for advice on where they would prefer us to fly tip so that it can be cleaned up for about £ 1,000,000 a year. Great saving that!

Stupidity reigns.

Pay per visit to the tip is what happens in this part of the world (but charge is per car/van load etc and your number plate is logged each visit) BUT the big difference is that the local council provide a service where you can put white goods/anything that is not green waste on your verge at a designated time in the year and they pick up free of charge and also two / three times a year do the same thing for green waste hedges/trees etc, this is in additional to weekly household green bin/ household rubbish bin collection.

Very rarely do you see any fly tipping, and there is a thriving recycle /repair market with people driving round (even Furniture redistribution charities /families making a day of it!) when an area is due for its week white goods collection and picking up others cast offs, knowing that if they can not use/repair/sell on they can put it out for collection when their area is due.

So LCC missed a big trick here by not providing an additional service (at still a cost saving as its both local council/contractors who do the collections and organised collections cost outweigh the potential costs of collecting fly tipping) which from my experience here not only cuts down fly tipping but also is a good way of redistributing unwanted items at source. Still amazed at what people throw out but the Mrs won't let me bring anything home :(

edit: for small amounts of items on the hazardous waste list : car batteries / paint etc you can take to the trip free once a year

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/inert-waste.aspx

Not applicable to Blackburn but Lancs council are introducing a hair brained scheme to charge residents for disposing of certain DIY rubbish they call inert

Residents need to apply for a permit (or get charged £3.50 per bag)

Permits allow 10 bags per year then each one is chargeable (£3.50 per bag)

Only 1 car per household can be nominated

You have to nominate your tip which includes

Farington Preston Chorley Longridge Lytham Burscough Skelmersdale Altham Clitheroe Haslingden Fleetwood Burnley Lancaster Barnoldswick Carnforth

As usual this has been badly publicised by the council, if at all (I only say it mentioned by accident on the LET website), so there's going to be carnage at tips on June 1st

I'm not really sure who exactly at the tip is going to police this. The workers at the Farringdon tip are nice enough but I cannot see how they will cope with the weekend traffic, and that tip is massive and brand spanking new.

Fly tipping will increase and/or people will just drip feed bits of excluded waste into general waste bins/garden waste bins/general waste black bin bags taken to the tip

And all to save just £750k a year !!!!!

Blackburn would have to follow or else there would be queues of people from out of the Borough back to Buncer Lane at one side and Montague on the other for the local tip on George St West.

Gordon. I assume Blackburn will have to introduce permits and ANPR camera themselves to stop Tip Tourists. Not necessarily to charge people but a free unlimited annual permit for Blackburn council residents linked to an address and a vehicle.

A Blackburn Councillor has already said as much in the LET recently

When the time comes to rip out my Bathroom/Kitchen I may tap up the out laws to use their car (or register my car and do all their tip runs for a year) and head to Chicken street :)

Archived