BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Medaless Judas Team

ABBEY

A 12 from my time...but I have to say more Judas than medal-less...

Frieidel,C. Price, Mulvaney, May,Samba, Le Saux, Berg, Sherwood, P.Jones, Givet Sutton, Shearer

I am not comfortable with Brad in there, but he didn't have to go......

Manager from:

Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Dalgish...OMG..How the first three hurt!

I remember Gordon Lee on the pitch with the microphone stating that it was a new era for Blackburn Rovers, then he f'd off

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Gordon Lee on the pitch with the microphone stating that it was a new era for Blackburn Rovers, then he f'd off

Yeah, I will never forget Lee talking to us all , when we were on the pitch. I was gutted when he went.

Wasn't it Ince who pushed Friedel out the door because he wanted Robinson?

Blimey,I never heard that he was pushed!

. He also said it was nothing to do with Ince being manager( although I did wonder)

On 5 Live last year, he said it was because Williams had given a clear message thgat the Trust would not be investing the way that they had in the past and he(Brad )was ambitious....

A 12 from my time...but I have to say more Judas than medal-less...

Frieidel,C. Price, Mulvaney, May,Samba, Le Saux, Berg, Sherwood, P.Jones, Givet Sutton, Shearer

I am not comfortable with Brad in there, but he didn't have to go......

Manager from:

Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Dalgish...OMG..How the first three hurt!

Don't think Shearer had ideas above his station, LVH. I'd go with Crawford up front.

Goodness knows what was going on with Givet and others including the club captain at the time. Great player imo. Lucas Neill instead. Not Friedel either. Brilliant servant for years. Mark Bunn just left for the dollars to sit on the bench in the Premier League.

• Backroom

Yeah, I will never forget Lee talking to us all , when we were on the pitch. I was gutted when he went.

Blimey,I never heard that he was pushed!

. He also said it was nothing to do with Ince being manager( although I did wonder)

On 5 Live last year, he said it was because Williams had given a clear message thgat the Trust would not be investing the way that they had in the past and he(Brad )was ambitious....

I'm sure I remember it being said at the time that Ince didn't fancy Friedel and wanted a younger keeper, however...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/3559674.Friedel__I___d_still_have_left_Blackburn_Rovers_if_Hughes_was_boss/

Maybe you're right!

I'm sure I remember it being said at the time that Ince didn't fancy Friedel and wanted a younger keeper, however...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/3559674.Friedel__I___d_still_have_left_Blackburn_Rovers_if_Hughes_was_boss/

Maybe you're right!

The truth is I don't know. Footballers say what they say. Some have their words scripted. Some even sign NDA's.Come on, Mr Nelsen, WTF?!

But it would have been another reason to despise Ince!

For the life of me, I never understood how JW could make such a mistake. Ince only had to open his mouth!

Don't think Shearer had ideas above his station, LVH. I'd go with Crawford up front.

Goodness knows what was going on with Givet and others including the club captain at the time. Great player imo. Lucas Neill instead. Not Friedel either. Brilliant servant for years. Mark Bunn just left for the dollars to sit on the bench in the Premier League.

Quite right. How could I have forgotten Crawford?!. He should have been first on the team sheet!

I do stand by Shearer in the Judas cloak, though. After he left, I asked the club shop to print "Iscariot 9" on my shirt. Well it seemed funny at the time. Anyway, they said "er...no"

Plonkers? You don't get to the level of professional football without ambition. In the majority of cases it's pretty ridiculous for fans to expect players to show loyalty. Whether you win medals or not, the aim for any professional is to advance their career.

With almost every player we've ever bought, their previous clubs fans could say "went to Blackburn and won nothing".

Anyway know that's not contributing to the topic, I just don't understand the bitterness sometimes. Shearer especially should have received the biggest hero's welcome going when he returned.

Looking back I agree, but the devastation at him departing was raw and all consuming for most.

The boos rang round ewood park, and I vented too (especially when he elbowed Hendry).

I must say, Nobody hated Shearer. My feelings were of sorrow and abandonment.

Archived