BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Medaless Judas Team

ABBEY

My mate hated Chris Price for his antics and refused to welcome him back. Remember going down to Villa in the cup and he absolutely bust a gut to try and score against us and pulled faces at the Rovers support who'd applauded him at the beginning. Still he did a job when he came back I suppose.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damien Duff:

The season proved to be successful for both Duff and Chelsea. He scored ten goals, including a crucial strike in a 42 win against Barcelona in the Champions League,[14] while the team won the Premiership title by 12 points from second placed Arsenal, and the League Cup, in which Duff scored the winning goal in the semi-final against Manchester United.

Show us yer medals.

Let's make a team of ex players who went on to win nowt , (following on from the other thread) . Plonkers who thought the grass was greener .

My starter is Up front .. Shearer .

Plonkers? You don't get to the level of professional football without ambition. In the majority of cases it's pretty ridiculous for fans to expect players to show loyalty. Whether you win medals or not, the aim for any professional is to advance their career.

With almost every player we've ever bought, their previous clubs fans could say "went to Blackburn and won nothing".

Anyway know that's not contributing to the topic, I just don't understand the bitterness sometimes. Shearer especially should have received the biggest hero's welcome going when he returned.

Plonkers? You don't get to the level of professional football without ambition. In the majority of cases it's pretty ridiculous for fans to expect players to show loyalty. a modicum of common sense and realise when they never had it so good where they are. Whether you win medals or not, the aim for any professional is to advance their career. boost their bank balance

With almost every player we've ever bought sold their previous next clubs fans could say "went to left Blackburn and won nothing".

Anyway know that's not contributing to the topic (agreed), I just don't understand the bitterness sometimes. Shearer especially should have received the biggest hero's welcome going when he returned (he did but he's still a Judas)

Eamonn Rogers was probably one of the best players we had left when we got relegated in 1971, He ended up being swapped for Barry "Dumper" Endean. I don't think he really wanted to go but was part of Ken Furphys shake up at the club. He picked up injuries at Charlton and was out of the game within three years, Probably not fair to label him a judas though.

Loved him, but he was desperate to get out, despite Alf Thornton's attempts to persuade him to stay in The Telegraph. I remember Alf saying that he could be king of the third division, if he stayed.

I'm pretty sure it was a bad car accident that ended his career at Charlton. A few years back, there was a reunion for all the players, who had played for Rep of Ireland and it said on RTE that Rogers was one of the few they couldn't find. I don't know, but I have a feeling that may have been a deliberate opt out on behalf of "the mercurial irishman" (Thornton).

Once an outsider!

My mate hated Chris Price for his antics and refused to welcome him back. Remember going down to Villa in the cup and he absolutely bust a gut to try and score against us and pulled faces at the Rovers support who'd applauded him at the beginning. Still he did a job when he came back I suppose.

Yeah. I was behind that Villa goal. I felt very angry at his behaviour.

Funnily enough, my wife, who doesn't understand football at all was totally outraged that Chris Price played in the play off final, while loyal Simon Garner had to be content with wearing that horrid yellow suit!

How many players have actually achieved a great deal more after leaving? That'd be a harder list to come up with. Phil Jones, Duff, Bellamy and May are the only ones I can really think of. Other players have gone on to play for bigger clubs but none have really won anything.

Berg did well when he left us. When he went to Man Ure I mean, I don't mean the recent time, when he again did well thanks to Derek "Not So" Shaw.

Yeah. I was behind that Villa goal. I felt very angry at his behaviour.

Funnily enough, my wife, who doesn't understand football at all was totally outraged that Chris Price played in the play off final, while loyal Simon Garner had to be content with wearing that horrid yellow suit!

Ha ha those suits, proper fashion crime they were. Good point about Garner but just goes to show how tough Kenny was.in not bowing to sentiment. So glad for Garner that he got to Wembley again and scored, even though it wasn't for us but it was against the Nobbers. Took them to the cleaners that day he did and ensured they hated him nearly as much as the Clarrots did :)

For me there's a big distinction between someone who's sold because the Club wants the money and someone who does the dirty on us when there's no real need to leave. Thus rightly earning the moniker "Judas"

The three that spring to mind instantly in that respect are Dougan, David May and Lucash.

Duff doesn't deserve a mention in this thread on any level , didn't want to leave but was hugely successful at Chelsea. I don't blame Shearer for leaving in the slightest either, he was one of the best players in the world at the time and we weren't even in the UEFA Cup but heading for a relegation battle under the inept management of the late Ray Harford who sadly was completely out of his depth after King Kenny left.

Really disappoints(and saddens) me seeing how phil jones has been dicked about and struggled with united. I just want him out of the dump and at a good club with a good manager that can get him back on track whilst he's still young. I think he'd do great if a manager like mark hughes could take him under his wing.

• Moderation Lead

Really disappoints(and saddens) me seeing how phil jones has been dicked about and struggled with united. I just want him out of the dump and at a good club with a good manager that can get him back on track whilst he's still young. I think he'd do great if a manager like mark hughes could take him under his wing.

I was talking about this today. He's been a victim of his own versatility imo.

If he'd played at cb consistently since leaving us, he'd have turned into a real player. As it stands, he's going to be John O'Shea mk.2.

Im ignoring the silly "judas" factor from the topic heading and just thinking of players that played some of their best football here but couldnt quite recapture that form after leaving(for various reasons)

You just can't help yourself can you . Quite pathetic and sad really

Can't think of many in the judas mould. Before my time Derek Dugans conduct sounds by far the worst of anyone I've heard of before or since for us.

In terms of players who had potential and subsequently flopped having left us Bentley probably tops the list. Also agree with warnock, neill, Santa Cruz even Phil Jones not the man I thought he'd be.

Then players for us who never lived up to expectation Martin dahlin, Kevin Davis, grabbi for price tag, too many to mention

The for a final category of players I have actively despised whilst in the blue and white Bradley Orr and Danny Murphy take some beating.

I was talking about this today. He's been a victim of his own versatility imo.

If he'd played at cb consistently since leaving us, he'd have turned into a real player. As it stands, he's going to be John O'Shea mk.2.

I also think that if he was just playing in his natural position at CB he'd be less likely to pick up injuries as he wouldn't have to be running all over the show

A 12 from my time...but I have to say more Judas than medal-less...

Frieidel,C. Price, Mulvaney, May,Samba, Le Saux, Berg, Sherwood, P.Jones, Givet Sutton, Shearer

I am not comfortable with Brad in there, but he didn't have to go......

Manager from:

Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall, Dalgish...OMG..How the first three hurt!

Archived