BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Creativity...

Mike E

• Backroom

This thread is simply to suggest ideas for member-created content, with any idea welcome for suggestion.

I've opened the Preview Thread and Skous started a game or two to keep us entertained.

I quite like the idea of a pinned weekly thread where a poster gives a full analysis of a controversial on-pitch incident from world football once per week, if anybody would be interested?

Spitball some ideas people :)

1) Could do concise interesting player/staff biographies? Current squad or past players? Sure a few of them have good stories

2)Recollections (ideally combined with an interesting personal story/angle) of key Rovers matches in history? We've actually had quite a lot of these scattered around different threads in the past. If we turned them into a feature they would be easier to search and store. Full Members Cup Final, Boxing Day, April Fools Day etc etc etc

• Backroom

1) Could do concise interesting player/staff biographies? Current squad or past players? Sure a few of them have good stories

2)Recollections (ideally combined with an interesting personal story/angle) of key Rovers matches in history? We've actually had quite a lot of these scattered around different threads in the past. If we turned them into a feature they would be easier to search and store. Full Members Cup Final, Boxing Day, April Fools Day etc etc etc

Great ideas jbn. Would you be willing to be responsible for something like one of those ideas?

Great ideas jbn. Would you be willing to be responsible for something like one of those ideas?

Not 2) as to be honest I am a long distance fan and lack the personal angle from the seminal matches. A fan closer to the club and a long history of attending would do a better job than me.

1) I could look at. I guess my approach would be to get a list of the most colourful characters together and start researching. Cult heroes like Tugay, Dunn, Garner etc, with video clips etc. Id do the first one to see if the format works then those interested could take a new player each week/month like the match previews.

I'd probably bagsy Tugay to kick things off...

• Backroom

Not 2) as to be honest I am a long distance fan and lack the personal angle from the seminal matches. A fan closer to the club and a long history of attending would do a better job than me.

1) I could look at. I guess my approach would be to get a list of the most colourful characters together and start researching. Cult heroes like Tugay, Dunn, Garner etc, with video clips etc. Id do the first one to see if the format works then those interested could take a new player each week/month like the match previews.

I'd probably bagsy Tugay to kick things off...

Perhaps start a thread (similar to Previews) where you list some legends/cult heroes for others to bagsy? Or ofc tell others who they wish to preview?

I'd also suggest to make it weekly, so maybe build up a list of 'week commencing'?

Oy my suggestions but ofc run it how you feel :)

The magazine When Saturday Comes does a section called "What ever happened to..." where they go into detail about what happened to players once they left the game. Normally someone who had a big impact but went off the scene just as quick. I know wikipedia probably takes a bit of fun out of it now but there are loads of players who would prick an interest with me. Whatever happened to Tony Diamond, Sean Kelly, Andy Kennedy. Just some players from when I started going who someone could do some digging on.

We maybe ask other fans what they were like when they signed for their club. After reading the Villa board recently about Rudy it's great to see players from another point of view.

The magazine When Saturday Comes does a section called "What ever happened to..." where they go into detail about what happened to players once they left the game. Normally someone who had a big impact but went off the scene just as quick. I know wikipedia probably takes a bit of fun out of it now but there are loads of players who would prick an interest with me. Whatever happened to Tony Diamond, Sean Kelly, Andy Kennedy. Just some players from when I started going who someone could do some digging on.

We maybe ask other fans what they were like when they signed for their club. After reading the Villa board recently about Rudy it's great to see players from another point of view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Not a very original idea (as I'm sure there used to be one), but what about a football quiz topic?

There did used to be one, but by all means feel free to start one.

Now you mentioned it, haven't seen that poster in a while. Was it tonyoz?

Archived