BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Patience

A Christmas carol

I am the ghost of Christmas past:

Aiming for top spot, Shearer and Sutton scoring for fun, Wilcox and Ripley providing crosses of sublime quality with Ripley always available for the ball out from the back, a skill always underrated. The Premier league championship beckons and eventually arrives. The world is there to be taken, there is talk of Zidane for the forthcoming championship of Europe, but our God Jack made his first mistake and chose Sherwood, a fine performer but a long way behind Zidane.

The beginning of disaster was in a far off place called Moscow when a fight occurred between Two of our own players creating more embarrassment for supporters that could not be underestimated and in this ghosts view was to increase the rate of gods decline in health.

I am the ghost of Christmas present:

Change of ownership, gods trusted trust had sold out to the new people on the block in terms of foreign ownership aka Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Leeds (God help us) etc. But certain agents had got their little greedy mitts involved and advised the new owners very badly whilst increasing their own bank accounts very, very, significantly.

Eventually the new owners realised and after some considerable time started to sort out the mess, that had ended up with the likes of Jason Lowe being key to the team. A long way from the days of Sutton and Shearer. At last a proper manager was appointed although still being under Financial fair play rules, which again is a symptom as how far we have fallen.

I am the ghost of Christmas future:

FFP has been lifted, the manager, proper manager, is being allowed to manage. He is allowed to sign players without the problems of FFP. We have new key players with the nucleus of the existing squad who are now fitter and hungry. As I am the ghost of Christmas future I must warn these changes are a distinct possibility but to make them into a probability we must be patient as there will be disappointments along the way, otherwise we will end up with the likes of Jason Lowe still being key in midfield.

Archived