BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mandela Effect

Has anyone heard of this?

As you do, I stumbled across it on the Internet (Youtube) and it is when people collectively have a memory of something happening, when seemingly it hasn't.

It is named the Mandela effect as many people seem to remember him dying in prison, in the 1980's. There are loads of other things and as I like the weird and wonderful side of things, I just wondered if anyone has experienced anything like this.

I have a good memory for facts and events but bizarrely, in the back of my mind I was convinced that Able Xavier played on loan for Rovers and scored an own goal! Recently, I thought that Lou Feringno died in about 87, as did Richard Prior.

Must have been part of a cheese dream!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was imagining earlier that Leicester city where comfortably topping the premier league table and looking like they are genuinely cable of still being ther or there about at the end of the season and i also thought Chelski where hovering above the relegation zone. cant be true can it?

I have a very vivid memory of watching the moon landings on a black & white TV with all my family and it being quite an occasion with a lot of excitement.

Only problem is I wasn't born until a few months after. I believed this for years till my Mum pointed out it wasn't possible. But I have a definite memory off it.

Weird.

I have a very vivid memory of watching the moon landings on a black & white TV with all my family and it being quite an occasion with a lot of excitement.

Only problem is I wasn't born until a few months after. I believed this for years till my Mum pointed out it wasn't possible. But I have a definite memory off it.

Weird.

What moon landing is that then ?

just putting it out there

:D

• Backroom

Weird.

There have been a few landings pal...

• Backroom

Ofc there have! The track record of the US government in successfully deceiving people/media is naught. Bill Clinton couldn't keep a secret about where his cock was!

Also, in the heat of the Space Race, Russia would've revealed all if it was fake. They didn't even attempt to deny it!

The first and most historic moon landing. I don't think subsequent landings caused much fuss.

When I was young, my GrandDad mentioned everyone sitting round the telly for THE moon landing and I could picture the scene and assumed I was there albeit very young. Years later my Mum pointed out I wasn't born and it freaked me out cause I have a very real 'memory' of it.

The first and most historic moon landing. I don't think subsequent landings caused much fuss.

When I was young, my GrandDad mentioned everyone sitting round the telly for THE moon landing and I could picture the scene and assumed I was there albeit very young. Years later my Mum pointed out I wasn't born and it freaked me out cause I have a very real 'memory' of it.

I once woke up feeling all relieved after having fired Cheryl Cole off for being way too clingy (this was back when she was still fit and ate solids) in this same dream, Bane (from The Dark Knight Rises) sorted out my sore shoulder that had been giving me grief for some time...I think he is very misunderstood.

The human mind, capable of brilliance or pure @#/?!

or have there.................(amarilo?)

The Moon Landing is considered one of the pinnacles of human achievement. For that reason, I'd love to believe that it was the real deal.

However... ;)

Forget the moving flag, the lack of stars, the Van Halen belt, and the usual arguments. My doubts about the moon landings come down to the technology. Today's smartphones are more powerful than the 1960's supercomputers and still they were able to shoot men into space and back again without any casualties or significant damage at all? Not so sure about that.

Ofc there have! The track record of the US government in successfully deceiving people/media is naught.

What about the ones we don't know about?

Do you honestly believe the US hasn't been involved in covert ops that aren't known to the general public?

Bill Clinton couldn't keep a secret about where his cock was!

Clinton's affair wasn't a conspiracy, though, was it?

Also, in the heat of the Space Race, Russia would've revealed all if it was fake. They didn't even attempt to deny it!

That's if they knew it was a hoax, and if they did, it would just be dismissed as sour grapes on their part.

The Moon Landing is considered one of the pinnacles of human achievement. For that reason, I'd love to believe that it was the real deal.

However... ;)

Forget the moving flag, the lack of stars, the Van Halen belt, and the usual arguments. My doubts about the moon landings come down to the technology. Today's smartphones are more powerful than the 1960's supercomputers and still they were able to shoot men into space and back again without any casualties or significant damage at all? Not so sure about that.

What about the ones we don't know about?

Do you honestly believe the US hasn't been involved in covert ops that aren't known to the general public?

Clinton's affair wasn't a conspiracy, though, was it?

That's if they knew it was a hoax, and if they did, it would just be dismissed as sour grapes on their part.

The Rumsfeld known unknowns

:D

• Backroom

The Van Halen Belt and lack of stars, I hadn't heard about. The moving flag is easily explained:

In a vacuum, there is no air resistance. As such, the flag would continue to move until gravity finally slowed it right down.

So are you saying the CIA planted false memories in my mind, of watching THE moon landing on TV with my family, even though I wasn't even born, in order to cover up the fact that THE moon landing was faked, 9 years before Van Halen formed.

Im going to have to digest this.

And what does Nelson Mandela have to do with it?

So are you saying the CIA planted false memories in my mind, of watching THE moon landing on TV with my family, even though I wasn't even born, in order to cover up the fact that THE moon landing was faked, 9 years before Van Halen formed.

Im going to have to digest this.

And what does Nelson Mandela have to do with it?

Haha, I'm not saying anything☺

I love how it's the Van Halen belts - I think he means Van Allen.

Re the moon landings. I'm confident to say that the footage you see is not of man landing on the moon. If you really look into it, there is a load of evidence and discrepancies that really do stack up against it. Personally, it looks like a floodlit set with front screen projection and you will see the exact same backdrops appear time after time. I'm not a supporter of this shadows in different directions bull or you can't see the stars etc - I'm a professional photographer and I can guarantee that shadows do not go in the same constant direction on an uneven surface and you would not necessarily see the stars with an extremely light foreground against a contrasting backdrop.

Even though I personally believe the footage is fake, that doesn't mean that man haven't been to the moon. Maybe it was Hollywood style footage to substantiate the achievement.

One thing that genuinely does concern me and casts doubt over man's 'achievements'. Why are there literally no 'real' photos of Earth from space. Plenty of computer generated versions, intricate artworks or the one famous 'blue marble' image that is fed to us at school...but really - zilch else. It does put doubt in my mind and poses the question, how high have we really gone??

We will never know.

Aren't there loads of of Earth pics and footage from the ISS?

The ISS is only approximately 200 miles high (approximately the width of England). It would be impossible to get a full single image of the Earth off that as it is WAY too close. Strangely, you will often be shown fish eye lens photos of the Earth's curvature. Same goes from when Felix B. Jumped from space - a fix eye lens was used to suggest massive height and curvature (you can check this yourself). You would have to go a hell of a lot higher than he went to see actual curvature of the Earth.

The definition of 'space' isn't very high at all but what we are fed (image wise) are computer composites (scan after scan of the Earth's surface) then stiched together to create a 'rendition' of what the Earth looks like. Nasa now admits this. Like I mentioned, there aren't many - if any - full images of the Earth.

One thing that bothers me too. I personally don't think that the Earth would look at all blue from space. Reason being the sea only appears blue because it is reflecting the sky. The sky appears blue because we are underneath it and light (the full spectrum) gets scattered and we see the blue within the light (that is in the most simplest of terms). But I don't believe that if we looked at the light from another angle (space) that we would see that reflection because we are above the scattering effect. Meaning in fact, Earth would look dark from space. I hope that makes sense. Some might naively instantly take the mick but I've looked a lot into it and most recently guess what...scientists have released renditions of what the Earth would actually look like from space without colour adjustment and they admit that images of the Earth are all tinted blue so that people can familiarise with it!

Which leads me to ask...so what is this blue marble Earth we are told is taken from a space mission?? Scratch the surface, use common sense and a lot simply does not add up. The big question though is why.

• Backroom

Interesting thought. The scattering effect makes the sea appear blue, because it's the only colour light to get through the atmosphere. Surely once reflected off the sea, it would appear blue no matter how high off the Earth you were?

I also argue that if the footage was fake, how did they fake the Galileo experiment 'on Earth'? It would only work on the Moon, surely?

Archived