BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] You Cant Take The Dingle Anywhere

ABBEY

• Moderation Lead

On a (slightly) related note, Mark Warburton has had echoes of Steve Kean about him claiming the press have been 'too negative up in Scotland'.

Mate, there's no positive to getting completely demolished by your local rivals 5-1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when we played Norwich(I think) when @#/? was in charge.I was in Ladbrokes when in walked the then manager of Everton and friend of @#/? and placed a large bet on Rovers to win both halves(which we did)I don't know how much the bet was but the lady behind the counter had to ring up head office to ok the bet.He was sat in a box in the JW stand and you could see him going crazy when we scored.

Plenty of Rovers fans in there getting selfies with him,i got his autograph for a friend at work.He certainly wasn't bothered about being seen putting a bet on a prem match.

• Moderation Lead

All these rules about footballers not being to place bets are totally daft. They shouldn't be allowed to bet on matches that they're involved with, but aside from that, why shouldn't they be treated like any other civilian? Bizarre.

I remember when we played Norwich(I think) when @#/? was in charge.I was in Ladbrokes when in walked the then manager of Everton and friend of @#/? and placed a large bet on Rovers to win both halves(which we did)I don't know how much the bet was but the lady behind the counter had to ring up head office to ok the bet.He was sat in a box in the JW stand and you could see him going crazy when we scored.

Plenty of Rovers fans in there getting selfies with him,i got his autograph for a friend at work.He certainly wasn't bothered about being seen putting a bet on a prem match.

I hope he had a false wig on and moustache. Also disguised his accent, as it is very easily recognisable. I also hope he donated his winnings to charity, as he can't need the money can he? Especially having had the big job in Manchester, where he got sacked.

No idea who you mean, by the way! :)

All these rules about footballers not being to place bets are totally daft. They shouldn't be allowed to bet on matches that they're involved with, but aside from that, why shouldn't they be treated like any other civilian? Bizarre.

It's the same reason Jockey's can't bet on races, same reason company employees can't take part in company offers,

inside info'

Different laws on it in Scotland, in England players can bet on games provided they have no involvement in it. Maybe he simply didn't realise the different rules up there. Maybe he just wants to keep his name in the papers while his book is for sale. There was no one more against signing him than I was, and I never applauded his name when the team was read out, but even I have to admit he was a model professional while at Burnley. Strange lad.

Archived