BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morecambe

Dunnfc

Has anyone been keeping up to date with Morecambe since they were taken over by an alleged Brazillian football agent (Diego Lemos)? Sadly the PFA have had to step in this month to fund player wages.

Best post i can find which sums the situation up is below;

PMG agrees to sell his shares to a company controlled by Diego Lemos but where the long-term money intended to grow the club is supposed to come from other sources, namely the wealthy Al-Hashemi family (whose at that point London-based son is the driving force).

At the point of the sale a staged payment process is agreed. On signing the documents a nominal sum, let's say £50,000 is transferred to PMG's bank account and everything is signed. Diego Lemos, through his company is now the owner of a majority of Morecambe FC and has the documents to prove it.

However, it turns out that Mr Lemos is just a small-time football agent with no money and Mr Al-Hashemi, a wealthy playboy, is the backer of a small London tech company that has had its website hacked (3dizzy.com) and doesn't look like it exists anymore. The money they promised doesn't exist or the family won't give them it and the money they did put up was sourced, by various parties including people from the North East, through a Middlesborough-based finance brokerage. Having realised all this the principle owners leave the scene for good as they could be liable in the UK courts.

As it grows increasingly unlikely that Mr Lemos will cough up the remaining money to buy his shares PMG realises he can't simply rip up the deal and walk back in. He now has to pursue a lengthy legal process to take back ownership of the shares he sold. This delays the process and means Morecambe FC's financial position becomes worse by the day with directors and staff working to secure the club's future with limited information. This rings alarm bells at Barclays and HMRC.

At the same time PMG is in no rush to take back the shares that he was so keen to sell. The media stories will only alarm any prospective buyer and the price will fall. Prior to the sale a variety of desperate measures had been taken to secure the club's short-term future, including taking money from the PFA, selling land, bridging loans etc.

A local club to me from growing up in Lancaster, not looking good. Yet another shoddy owner passed fit by the FA.

So to my knowledge that's possibly three clubs in the hands of agents, Bolton, Morecambe and possibly us!

Some articles;

Chairman Quits! http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/news/morecambe-fc-vice-chairman-quits-over-lack-of-information-from-owner-1-8299714

Background to Takeover! http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/720900/Morecambe-Jim-Bentley-League-Two-News-Diego-Lemos

Owner gone AWOL! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38409240

Jim Bentley is from Liverpool JAL but he's been at Morecambe since the year 2000!

The lengths these Scouse agents go to. 16 years in the making this. The scaly wags.

As for poor Morecambe "PMG agrees to sell his shares to a company controlled by Diego Lemos but where the long-term money intended to grow the club is supposed to come from other sources, namely the wealthy Al-Hashemi family (whose at that point London-based son is the driving force)."

I did read the rest by the way but that was enough. Didn't one of the Venkys have an alleged child who was interested in football? Maybe like the rest of his family he found other interests like reading and writing, breathing and pig ignorance.

My dad was on the board at morecambe until 2 years ago, this has been in the offing for 3 or 4 years to be honest. It's more to do with dreadful management by the previous owner/chairman and his disastrous ground move/vanity project than the new owner.

Jim Bentleys agent is............ Simon C by the way ha ha

My dad was on the board at morecambe until 2 years ago, this has been in the offing for 3 or 4 years to be honest. It's more to do with dreadful management by the previous owner/chairman and his disastrous ground move/vanity project than the new owner.

Jim Bentleys agent is............ Simon C by the way ha ha

Simon Conning?

Good grief. The clues in the name. It couldn't be any more blatant, unless his surname was Anderson of course.

Simon Conning?

Good grief. The clues in the name. It couldn't be any more blatant, unless his surname was Anderson of course.

I thought it was Cowell for a second.

At what point will the FA actually step in and look to change their ownership rules, in order to protect the heritage of their own members.

Archived