BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans United, Clubs in Crisis & The F.A.

Thought i'd start a thread seperate from the protest threads to discuss the state of the game, other clubs in crisis and the game's governing bodies. 

Following the Blackpool/Orient protest, there has been plenty of coverage on social media. Before the protest began I gave an interview to the FSF, part of it can be seen in this short documentory (2.43) which covered the events of the day.

When I look at how other local newspapers write about their local teams it really shows up how much of a joke the LT are. I read the Coventry telegraph often and it always reads firmly on the side of the fans, ours only spout Venky propaganda... Disgrace.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/date-revealed-coventry-city-court-13026383

I also feel that the other clubs in ownership trouble are in places where the locals are more likely to be activist in nature and certainly not subject to the level of resigned antipathetic cynicism which is the hallmark of Blackburn "Give o'er will yer, nowt will ever 'appen".

8 hours ago, philipl said:

I also feel that the other clubs in ownership trouble are in places where the locals are more likely to be activist in nature and certainly not subject to the level of resigned antipathetic cynicism which is the hallmark of Blackburn "Give o'er will yer, nowt will ever 'appen".

Just about sums up the town of Blackburn.

Just had a lovely short break in Malta btw Mr L.

10 hours ago, philipl said:

As you probably know there are a lot of people in Blackburn ( and Rovers fans outside Blackburn) who are working really hard to make things happen. Maybe there's not a lot that can be done to influence the actions of the owners of in India but people are trying. Believe me - 'Venkys out' candidate in the general election for example. Well done Duncan.

I went on the judgement day 3 march with Neal and was amazed by the size of the attendance and the organisation of the FSF. There were fans from most of the 'crisis clubs' but also from clubs you wouldn't expect like Liverpool and Man City who were there to support the movement in general. Our banner 'The FA left us to die' got a massive round of applause when we carried it into the car park outside Bloomfield Road.

One thing I did notice was how visible the 'Oyston Out' campaign is in Blackpool. There are banners behind the bars in pubs, posters on streets and chip shop windows, flags flying from taxis and motor bikes and pensioners wearing 'Oyston Out' tee shirts. It seems like the whole town is behind the campaign. There were about 1000 Blackpool fans in the ground for the match against Orient and 5000 outside.

As I said, there are lots of Rovers fans working hard behind the scenes but I think we need to make the anti Venkys feelings more visible. I know it takes money to provide banners and flags but we need start putting visible signs around Blackburn to get people more immediately involved and aware of what is going on. Maybe one day something will happen! All we can do is try. Some people are not subject to 'resigned antipathetic cynicism' I promise you.

Archived