BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

14 hours ago, arbitro said:

Have you ever nipped an incident in the bud on the pitch before it escalated? If you have I'm sure you would have been praised for preventative refereeing. There is no defence of Samuel whatsoever but the referee should look at his role in that and ask himself if he could have done better. If he has an ounce of honesty the answer should be a resounding yes.

I'm certain that Kavanagh would have approached the game differently had it been a PL match. I have seen so many games where a SG referee is appointed to a FL game and thinks it is beneath him.

Find it very sad in England as we struggle with our football that some shockingly poor play somehow turns around into blaming the officials 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JAL said:

Find it very sad in England as we struggle with our football that some shockingly poor play somehow turns around into blaming the officials 

Referees have a responsibility too and what I am saying is he should have done better in that incident as a full time professional. I am sure that when he goes through the game with his coach the main discussion will be that incident and could he have handled it better. And the answer almost certainly will be yes. It's not blaming him at all, you have the wrong end of the stick.

And I repeat Samuel got exactly what he deserved for his unprofessional petulance.

Bit harsh on the ref to be honest i never saw what happened leading up to it just saw the player rolling about as if a sniper had gone for it. Refs can't be expected to get every call right the eyelids do blink intermittently. Thought he had a good game overall.

Archived