BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Related Gifts

Hi all,

Sorry if there's a thread related to this, but I thought that now Christmas is done & we've probably all given received presents, it would be good to put stuff up here. Not only would it be interesting generally, but it will help all fans know what weird & wonderful things are out there & might increase sales of said item.

Hope this is all within the scope of forum rules!

I'll start with a book I received called "No Nay Never - Blackburn Rovers v Burnley" by Michael Hodkinson, published in 2021 by Legends Publishing.  I've barely scratched the surface of this 480 glossy-paged behemoth but it goes from the 1880s to the most recent meeting and seems to cover everything that could possibly be covered, and there are swathes of quotes & interviews from players, staff, fans & contemporaneous newspaper articles.

The detail is sensational, really well presented & full of really attractive pics and photos.

I'm really looking forward to settling down with this once the Christmas & New Year madness has died down. I'm sure it's a must read* for all those who bleed blue and white!!

Hats of Mr Hodkinson sir, for a wonderfully researched & produced read about football's longest existing professional Derby!

(* except the chapter entitled "Burnley Back On Top: 2009-2021"; I might give that one a miss.)

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 2

Not had a Rovers gift for a while, Atko, but this thread reminds me of one of my favourite ones from years back. A relative had a mobile phone business and I casually mentioned to him how cool it would be if there was a Rovers case for the Nokia 3310 (thinking that no such product existed).

He only went and found one. It was the spitting image of the one below. Cue me going around school thinking I had the coolest looking phone ever, ha.

I would also like to know what other Rovers related items are out there. There has to be more than what we see in the club shop currently.

s-l400.jpg.7c07f0649cf2f86abb12f9dfa6dd1fbc.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not had a Rovers gift for a while, Atko, but this thread reminds me of one of my favourite ones from years back. A relative had a mobile phone business and I casually mentioned to him how cool it would be if there was a Rovers case for the Nokia 3310 (thinking that no such product existed).

He only went and found one. It was the spitting image of the one below. Cue me going around school thinking I had the coolest looking phone ever, ha.

I would also like to know what other Rovers related items are out there. There has to be more than what we see in the club shop currently.

s-l400.jpg.7c07f0649cf2f86abb12f9dfa6dd1fbc.jpg

Think I actually had this. My memory of my teens is a bit shit though. I either had it or saw it. I know I had an England case at one point which I'm fairly sure was for the same phone, so I probably didn't have this too.

I got the book in the OP for xmas, but truthfully I don't really sit down and read books often anymore, and definitely not football ones. People like to buy them for me though. Which is a shame. Good idea but I just won't get the use.

The Rovers gift I was happiest with this xmas (thanks BRFC for totally failing to stock the home shirts btw, you incompetent fucks) was actually just a Rovers lanyard. That will be replacing my company one at work shortly. We can't wear football shirts, so this is a good way around that to shout out my allegiance!

I also got the Ewood Park themed xmas jumper, which is a bit snazzy for a xmas jumper.

• Like 1