BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Travelling Members

Alan75

Last night I was surprised at the lack of atmosphere amongst us (Celtic fans)....but I put it down to nerves. True, we were being outplayed on the pitch and it definitely had an effect.

However, some of the comments on here have been pathetic. Let's see how you get on with your home game...see how loud you are compared to us when we bring 8,000 plus to Ewood.

I'll look forward to coming on here and asking if you can hear the Rovers sing.......

will be interesting....but don't forget you are taking a quarter of the ground up with your away support.  we probably had about a twenty fifth!

Good to meet some people of here in the pub before the match.  The Rovers fans were brilliant last night, probably the best i have ever seen them.  I just hope we can copy that kind of atmosphere before the match and during the match at Ewood.

:rover:

well i just got up "voiceless" and having not trolled through the pages yet on last night all i can say is the CELTIC"HYPE" about hairs standing up on the back of your neck,we can sing alls we want but blackburn wont be heard in a cauldron of noise is like DON KING bullshit.

"cauldron"???if thats a cauldron then the witches must have been trick or treating,it hurts me to say this but ive honeslty heard more noise in bumleys dingledome and nobends weedale.

"Hairs stand up on back of your neck" well im going bald but my scalp never in itched.

WELL DONE ROVERS FANS ....AS FOR CELTIC ...YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOUR WINNING.

ITS ONLY HALF TIME COME ON YOU BLUES.

That's got to be one of the most eloquent rants I've ever seen. Well played, sir.

Talking of the Horseshoe .... that was definitely the crappest bitter I've ever had the opportunity to sup. I tried 3 different brews and they were all totally naff. That Caledonian 8/0 was traditional 'paint stripper' tackle.   :(

Left that pub after an hour or so and went to The Counting House where a beer festival was in progress. £1.39 a pint and £2.99 per meal. Can we play them every season?

BTW, I think Souness's arm-waving to the fans and the rendition of "are you Scotland in disguise ....." are two of my all-time classic moments in 25 years of watching Rovers away from home.

BTW2, I was stood 5 rows from the back in the block next to the home fans. The lad next to me was waving a St. George Cross flag at the Celtic fans during the pre-match singing and promptly had it confiscated by a steward who called him "British scum". He was obviously the exception to the rule as everybody else I met was superb.

Definitely one of the better away trips.

Just coming out of the Gorbals where it meets London Road there were some advertising hoardings saying Guiness £1.20 a pint and I think Heavy was about a quid. We were looking for the pub, then we realised the advertising hoardings had a door in them - it was the bloody pub!

Pabby - should have tried the Guiness in the Horseshoe - pure nectar!

A spell of good results will always make for a good atmosphere around a football club, especially for it's loyal followers. However our man souey, in my mind, is taking this one step further and making me personally very, very,  proud to be a rovers fan.

The way this man talks not just sense, but so passionately about the game makes you want to listen to him all day.

The supporters who were present thursday night will know that the man resembled a gladiator going in to battle on that touchline. If anybody thinks that's a little O.T.T. I apologizie, but you had to be there to witness such passion, unfortunately I dont think the B.B.C from what I have seen did show the man in all his glory.

As a 14 year old dancing around on port vale's pitch in 1975 I thought the world does not and will not get any better than this, but to my complete amazement it did, some 5 years later at gigg lane, and so on and so on taking us on to king kenny's era, now I suppose it will definately not come any better than that, winning the mother off all trophies and having 4 or 5 seasons of total dreamland.

Taking all the above in to consideration I can honestly say I have never felt so much pride and passion for the club as I do now and for me that is down to that man Russel crowe ooops sorry SOUNESS .

THANKS UNCLE JACK.

The Mirror yesterday commented on the amazing atmosphere as the celtic fans sang 'you'll never walk alone' and it never abated for the rest of the game...I'm slightly puzzled as the only ones singing where in blue and white!

Nice guys though, talking to a guy in the pub before the game who goes to every home and away game Celtic play with his son and he lives in Belfast (gave me his celtic scarf too)

Anyone else notice the number of Irish flags yet I didn't see ANY scottish ones, I know the history but I thought it was weird.

It's an identity crisis like the Rangers fans. When Rangers fans attend the SPL matches they like to think of themselves as British and have with them Union Jacks 100%.

However they must be the backbone of the Scottish national team's support but when they follow their fortunes the Union Jacks mysteriously disappear and hey presto out come the St Andrews flags. Very strange.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.