BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FIFA 13

Crashed a couple of times for me as well.

Still enjoying it though, got a Manager Career mode game going with Rovers, currently top (on GD) in 1st season. Playing on World Class. Some of the players in the Rovers team have awful first touches and if you go a goal down I find the CPU just goes ultra defensive and gets 10 men behind the ball, very hard to break down.

Anyway

Made a few signings, Mariano (RB) and Bernard (CAM) permanent and Fontas (CB) on loan. Sold Hanley, MGP, Vuckevic, Morris, Formica, Orr.

Current lineup

Robinson

Mariano - Dann - Fontas - Givet

Kazim Richards - Murphy - Etuhu - Olsson

Bernard

Rhodes

Bench - Best, Nuno Gomes, Rochina, Bruno, Sandomierski, Lowe, Dunn

• 5 weeks later...

Almost through my 1st season in career mode (with the latest squad update) and I only just realized (even after giving numbers 17 and 19 to other players) that Paulo Jorge and Legendinho Jr have been removed from the game altogether !

Glad to see Adam Henley in. And was surprised to see Hugo Fernandes. I dont think Goodwillie is part of the Rovers squad either.

I dont think Goodwillie is part of the Rovers squad either.

This is another top job by EA. If you check out the full squad you will see he is there (along with others) but he is loaned out (as he rightly was when the game comes out) This should be for the year however, after the first season all the loanees still stay out on loan (and we keep Kazim-Richards). I had to buy out Goodwillies contract to get him back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Have had this for a little while now and have gotten fairly good at it, but not very impressed. It feels more like I'm beating a match engine than playing a game, especially when you hit world class difficulty and above. I can win games but I have to employ specific methods of play which make it very boring to play. Defending on the game is atrocious, but it's not the tackling system that's at fault - your CPU players just play completely different to your opponent. They don't pick up runners, they don't run for you, they don't tackle, and they don't get into their correct positions. It makes the game very frustrating.

Might trade it in for PES and see if that's any different.

- should note it's fine when you're playing with other people/online, just irritating if playing against the CPU.

Anyone else on ps3 keep getting the message "You are not permitted to redeem an online pass"? when the game is signing in during start up? Every time i want to play fifa I have to go to the PS Store, look at my download histroy and re-install the online pass that came with the game.

Stupid. Finding this years Fifa no where near as smooth as previous versions. Online pass issues, long loading times and the home menu seems jerky and slow. Needs a patch!

Anyone else on ps3 keep getting the message "You are not permitted to redeem an online pass"? when the game is signing in during start up? Every time i want to play fifa I have to go to the PS Store, look at my download histroy and re-install the online pass that came with the game.

Stupid. Finding this years Fifa no where near as smooth as previous versions. Online pass issues, long loading times and the home menu seems jerky and slow. Needs a patch!

I did have that problem at one point, eventually stopped. My problem is when I play clubs it takes me 4-7 attempts to get in it, then when I'm in it kicks me off EA servers, sign back in and another 4-7 attempts to get back in

• 4 months later...

Anyone else still playing this? I find myself addicted to starting new Career Modes constantly. I really need to stop and work through one. That being said, I started a Blackburn career a few weeks ago, got them promoted and won the League Cup in my first season then got offered the Liverpool job so took it. Such a big mistake. So many weak players who get pushed off the ball too easily. I always sign players who are quick and strong because I'm not the best at skills so it's going to take a long time to turn Liverpool into that.

• 2 months later...

Recently started playing Ultimate Team a lot. Got myself a pretty nice Bundesliga too.

Adler

Lahm, Subotic, Hummels, Alaba

Farfan, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Elia

Gotze

Gomez

Only lost one match since putting this team together. Has plenty of pace in all areas of the pitch and lots of strength, just the way I like it.

Archived