BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket Anyone?

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Brian Lara cricket is making a comeback on the PS2, PC and Xbox later this month. Codemasters have released a demo of the game, it is actually quite good. There are two versions of the demo:

With Commentry (850MB):

http://downloads.codemasters.com/cmasters/..._commentary.exe

Without Commentry (350MB):

http://downloads.codemasters.com/cmasters/..._commentary.exe

Last time I checked, this was coming out towards the end of the year. Excellent unexpected bonus.

I've been playing a downloaded version of EA Cricket 2004 for a bit. It's a bit crap, so hopefully Lara will come good. I still have it on PS1 (in a double-disk set with Jonah Lomu Rugby~!)

Guest Kamy100

Believe it or not the new EA cricket game is out today called Cricket 2005. From all accounts it is an improvement on Cricket 2004 but still not going to be as good as BLIC.

The problem was the lack of variety, especially when bowling. There was a glitch where the computer would just randomly run itself out. It's almost impossible to get an LBW unless you're spin bowling from around the wicket, and I think I bowled about three people ever.

There was also a bug where it was impossible to win a 10 or 20 over match because the computer could slog everything successfully with even the weakest of players.

It did have some nice varied options though. I was halfway through a comprehensive tour of Australia which involved playing select 11s, one days etc before an Ashes series, but I eventually got bored.

Blimey kam 350MB, can get an episode of Dr Who for that!

In just over 3 hours i will be trying it hopefully! tongue.gif

Have yet to find a cricket game that actually gets everything right and captures the feel of the game!

I've schwomped it on and had a couple of games. Very arcadey, will be easy/fun to get into. Struggled with the keyboard buttons but hopefully it'll be simple enough on the PS2. Is an improvement on Cricket 2004. Just downloading the 2005 demo to see how that compares.

Guest Kamy100
I've schwomped it on and had a couple of games. Very arcadey, will be easy/fun to get into. Struggled with the keyboard buttons but hopefully it'll be simple enough on the PS2. Is an improvement on Cricket 2004. Just downloading the 2005 demo to see how that compares.

328549[/snapback]

Yeah it is fun to get into. Got to remember the demo is set to the easiest Level so the full game will be harder. I like the gameplay and also the TV style presentation (ie hawkeye etc.)

Just put EA 2005 on. Graphically it has come on in leaps and bounds. Only 3 overs to play though, and I can't even complete them. Bloody hard. Seems a lot better than 2004 though. Hopefully far fewer glitches.

Just put EA 2005 on. Graphically it has come on in leaps and bounds. Only 3 overs to play though, and I can't even complete them. Bloody hard. Seems a lot better than 2004 though. Hopefully far fewer glitches.

328580[/snapback]

Have to say i'm liking this, apart from the fact that scoring run is hard and if you try to blast it you get out!

My record is losing all 3 wickets in 3balls!

will it be 1 DAY OR TEST MODE?

328597[/snapback]

it's 3 over mode tongue.gif

or 3 wicket mode!

My top score is 10 below the aussies!

I've found best tactic is to clip most balls off the back foot to the fien leg boundary!

Guest Kamy100
One of the members of the official board has bought Cricket 2005

He's far from impressed

329200[/snapback]

Yeah I got it to and it is not that great. Bowling is excellent but the batting is just to messed up, completely takes away from the game and there are some bugs which are annoying. BLIC look like the better game.

Oh and EA managed to mess up the XBOX version of Cricket 2005 for failing to spot the biggest bug ever, they missed out the save game option, so it renders the game unplayable as you cannot play a test match, tour or world cup unless you are prepared to play it one whole go as it is not possible to save it.

Very disappointing to hear about the flaws in Cricket 2005, but knowing EA, it comes as no real surprise. Spruced up graphics and no improvement in gameplay. Classic EA.

Going to wait for Brian Lara on the PS2, and if it gets good enough reviews, go for that one. Basically anything sporty and 2-player goes down well at uni.

I bought Cricket 2005 today and played on it several times, its really hard, shot timing and shot selection is the area where you have to master else there is no point in playing. The most i have scored is 15 all out!

I will also be buying Brian Lara when it arrives so i can compare the two! thumbs-up.gif

wow, after a while i have finally got to grips with cricket 2005! A week ago i won my first match and just now i won teh game off 4balls! 6,6,6,6!!!

Good old Kev doing the work hitting it on the leg side! May even buy it! blink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.