the one of the kid sat on the steps

the photo of jack walker stand from the WOK

a picture of a cast iron table

one of pedersen signing autograph

corner of blackburn end and jack walker from the outside at evening time

one of the blackburn end crowd

and one of yourself with david dunn

Thanks, SAS!!!

Grrrrrr... It was take by 2 years ago? I was very fat. Ah Oh !! why they choose it !

Bit of an error there dillo_dillo. You've put "I" instead of "He".

(cheap shot number 768 in a never ending series)

If you see the LET, I'm happy If you give me your frank comments !! :)

Thanks!!

I'd like to ask LET why they choose these photos...

If I choice the photo, maybe like this...

IPB Image

WE WANT AN EWOOD PARK EXHIBITION!

Thank you !!

Please mail to the club!!

( I guess, Club would paid no attention to anything I mail it .)

Edited by dillo_dillo

Thanks, SAS!!!

Grrrrrr... It was take by 2 years ago? I was very fat. Ah Oh !! why they choose it !

i assume so :rover:

i agree

the town had that C21 exhibition that cost £100k :o

you could get dillos on for very cheap, fly her over, pay her a fee and get her to take more photos of our erm beautiful town

sack an ewood exhibition, we want a town exhibition :tu:

online from the LET

here

but they seem to change the web pages frequently so you'll have to be quick

GA-A-A-A-A-CK!!

Why the choose taht photo ( Dunn & me), and why it up on the web??

I'm look SO ugly!! I hate to see it!

(and, thier web photos are really low quality!)

"Behind The Rovers ".... It's my life-long project.

next visit, I need more your help.

I really want to take the photos about the family.

I plan to taking some photos 2nd phase about "Behind The Rovers"

--->I find people who photographic model of "Behind the Rovers"

I strongly want to take the photo of "My Family is Rovers"

--- the family who have local roots at Balckburn area at least over 3 generation.

Most oldest that family know "50's /60's Rovers", and know well about before "Premiaship era"

People's faces, It tells me their story.

Local roots, It's very important.

Nobody buy "Time" and "History".

I love to read/hear about that story... like " I went to Ewood park with my grandpa when I was a child in '50s..."

one factor of originality of Rovers, I think like that.

I have no idea how can I find the families....

* so sorry , I'm so busy. Can you understand what can I say?

I can't think about in English now. my brain daoesn't work well (Please don't say"That's always!)

I appriciate your help.

many thanks!

The best way to get families of rovers fans to contact you would be to send a letter to the LET for them to include in the letters pages (or maybe even a follow up story) and another one direcctly to the Rovers to put in the matchday programme. Maybe this could be done officially by brfcs.com, to request help on Dillo's behalf ahead of her next visit???

The best way to get families of rovers fans to contact you would be to send a letter to the LET for them to include in the letters pages (or maybe even a follow up story) and another one direcctly to the Rovers to put in the matchday programme.

I really hope so.

though, I don't no idea. They helps me or not.

I wrote this "I need help to finding --My family is Rovers " project.

'cause LET don't send to me that article ( in e-mail)

Yeah, I still don't read about my article!!!!

I think with your post, They didn't write about it.

I answerd "Blackburn 's bright side" and " no bright side" ...

I think they didn't write "no bright side"---

--- If you ask me, Have you got some suffer from racial discrimination?

Yes,  I have a lot. not dangerous. but I felt uncomfortable. many of people jeered me "Chiniese" or "Chino" when passing. I think "they dislike Oriental(Asian's)", but I don't mind. I love them If they hate me". but I lve Blackburn If they dislike me. I don't care.

Edited by dillo_dillo

If you ask me, Have you got some suffer from racial discrimination?

Yes,  I have a lot. not dangerous. but I felt uncomfortable. many of people jeered me "Chiniese" or "Chino" when passing. I think "they dislike Oriental(Asian's)"

The saddest post this year. Absolutely depressing.

I really hope so.

though, I don't no idea. They helps me or not.

I wrote this "I need help to finding --My family is Rovers " project.

'cause LET don't send to me that article ( in e-mail)

Yeah, I still don't read about my article!!!!

I think with your post, They didn't write about it.

I answerd "Blackburn 's bright side" and " no bright side" ...

I think they didn't write "no bright side"---

--- If you ask me, Have you got some suffer from racial discrimination?

Yes,  I have a lot. not dangerous. but I felt uncomfortable. many of people jeered me "Chiniese" or "Chino" when passing. I think "they dislike Oriental(Asian's)", but I don't mind. I love them If they hate me". but I lve Blackburn If they dislike me. I don't care.

I am really surprised and disappointed to read this Dillo. (Although I think its quite common knowledge that amongst certain sections of both the south asian <pakistani/indian> and white communities in Blackburn that there is a mutual dislike for each other, for reasons that i'm not going into/don't really know). However, I have always thought that Blackburn and its people are relatively cosmopolitan for the size of the place with regards to 'foreigners'. Try visiting somewhere like Stoke On Trent on a friday or saturday night (Full of Little Englanders)!

For example one of my very good friends is chinese and lives happily in Blackburn and very, very rarely has had any form of racial abuse of any kind. I also have Polish neighbours who go in some of the roughest pubs in town and get on fine with people, with no abuse. I am not saying racism doesn't happen but unfortuantely in England you get morons in every town, especially amongst young un-educated kids from poor backgrounds. To say Blackburn people in general 'dislike orientals' I would say is wide of the mark though.

Edited by jamiebrfc

Sorry guys. my post offended you.... but, I felt the hurt !

I pondered I posted it or not, I decided to post it at the time.

First time I heard it, really surprised and felt fear.

especially some teenagers jeer at me.

though, now, I don't mind. I wont it.

(I've got it at least once a day. and I never heard it at Manchester and Swansea.)

I know well they're just a little bit of residents. Sometimes I thought they think "It's nice joke".

It gives me a chance "Why are they saying? " then, I'd like to know people living this town"

I'm not miss a trick.

they fired one of my bouncebackability. :)

(Bouncebackability ©Ian Dowie/sambo >>see "Rovers Words Dictionaly" thread)

Edited by dillo_dillo

It's a full story in LET's article.

It's not on LET's web-version.

+++++++++++++++++

Why it's my kinda town

Japanese artist fell in love with Rovers, and then Blackburn.

A JAPANESE artist who is mad about Blackburn Rovers is running a photography exhibition to show her compatriots the 'beauty' of the town. Armadillo Hidaka, 36(*1), of Tokoyo, already runs the club's only Japenese website. Now she is running the exhibition on her website to give Japanese people a taste of Blackburn. Ian Singleton reports.

SHE has a passion which puts many Rovers fans to shame - and Armadillo Hidaka's love affair with the club has ignited her talent for photography.

The club is famed for fans leaving games early to beat the traffic back to their East Lancashire homes.

Yet Dillo, as she is known, completes an 11,000-mile round journey just to watch one game

She started supporting Rovers about four seasons ago by chance - flicking through television stations one night, she started watching a team in blue and white take on a team in red.

She said: "Japanese CS TV broadcasts a lot of oversees football for free.(*2) I had no information about English football, about which club is popular, famous, strong etc.

"I was neutral about it. I saw Rovers draw 2-2 against Manchester United and it was very exciting. From then on I was a Rovers fan.

"At the time I didn't realise the game was a re-run, not live. So I now have to stay up all night to watch a football game.

"I also did not know how difficult it was to watch Rovers on Japanese television.

"They broadcast Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea every week and Fulham and West Bromwich Albion if Japanese players Inamoto and Nakata play, but not Blackburn very much."

After that first game, she endeavoured to find out more about Rovers and fell in love with the club.

She was enamoured by the romance of Rovers being a town club and punching above its weight with the big cities in the Premiership.

Dillo said: "Rovers is a miraculous, valiant small club in the world's top league."

Since then, Dillo has made the long and costly trek to Blackburn once a season. She typically watches three games and a reserve match before heading back.

And during her visits she found that she also fell in love with the town.

She added: "Blackburn has a strong originality and locality. The big cities have already lost it.(*3)

"Blackburn is a beautiful, charming town, same as Rovers are as a club.

"Blackburn has a really beautiful landscape, especially the hills and town houses on the hills."

In a bid to share this passion with her compatriots, Dillo decided to do the exhibition.

While she was in Blackburn last month, she photographed landmarks in the areas, including the train station, cathedral, Ewood Park and Darwen Tower.

She took snaps of fans and their matchday haunts, including the Uncle Jacks and Aqueduct pubs.

Armadillo also ventured into Accrington and photographed Stanley's promotion celebration.

She said: "I have taken these photos for Japanese Rovers fans who have not been to Blackburn.

"My website is the only Japanese one about Blackburn Rovers, and I get a lot of questions from people who are interested in visiting Blackburn and want to know how to get to Ewood Park.

"I'd like to show to them what kind of town Blackburn is."

She has given a preview of her work on Rovers' official website message board.(*4)

And fans on the internet have given her photos the thumbs up. One said: "You've even picked some of the 'beautiful' bits and made them look quite good!".

Armadillo added: "I'm not a word person. I'm a visual person. I watched well, gazed, stared at something that grabbed my heart.

"Then I'm painting pictures or taking a photo.

"I'm really surprised the residents of Blackburn area are interested in my photos. I feel so strange. Blackburn is a charming town.

"The football club equals the players and manager - really? I don't think so.

"The football club equals the whole things that surround the club: the supporters, the town, the players, manager and staff.

"I want to be a recorder of what happens behind the Rovers."

+++++++++++++++++

(*1) I'm 36 years old? Really? I didn't know about it!

(*2) Why CSTV broadcasted it free? That's World-Cup year. It's a CSTV's promotional program.

(*3)Big cities and Big,---arrogant, bill collection from all over the world fans--- Club has already lost it. sold their soul to money.

(*4) Sorry, I'm not often visit official message borad....

Sorry guys. my post offended you.... but, I felt the hurt !

I pondered I posted it or not, I decided to post it at the time.

First time I heard it, really surprised and felt fear.

especially some teenagers jeer at me.

though, now, I don't mind. I wont it.

(I've got it at least once a day. and I never heard it at Manchester and Swansea.)

I know well they're just a little bit of residents. Sometimes I thought they think "It's nice joke".

It gives me a chance "Why are they saying? " then, I'd like to know people living this town"

I'm not miss a trick.

they fired one of my bouncebackability. :)

(Bouncebackability ©Ian Dowie/sambo >>see "Rovers Words Dictionaly" thread)

You are one class gezzer dillo ;)

Edited by Azuri

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.