SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Behind The Rovers : A Visual Guide Of Blackburn

dillo_dillo

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I interviewd some mascot wearers on my book....

These are REALLY interesting stories.

[abr]

"Poacher the Imp, Lincoln City "

----- Are you a life-long supporter? How about your parents, grannies and grandpas ?

"I am a lifelong supporter, thanks mainly to both my Grandad and my Dad. My Dad has been going since the late sixties and I attended my first game in 1986. I'm led to believe my Grandad first attended matches in the 1940s. In fact my grandad was very much defined by his love of the club, and we even buried him in a Lincoln City scarf. "

"Alice the Eagle & Pete the Eagle, Crystal Palace"

----- What do you do to cheer up supporters when the team loses?

"If we've not done too well in recent games, it's so important to get the fans behind the team. So lots of bouncing around to get people smiling again is needed! " Alice

----- What's the most difficult thing about being a mascot?

"Trying to cheer up supporters when the team loses! When the crowd is quiet I stand in front of them until they make noise! I've even sat on the pitch in front of one stand in protest because they were too quiet!" Alice

----- What's the main thing you do to make people belive in a mascot ? "Just †generally act the same at most games, remember faces and remember †conversations. Seeing the joy on people's faces when they see us mascots means we're doing a good job." Pete

"Elvis J Eel ,Southend United"

----- How did you become a mascot wearer and when?

"I am a life long supporter of Southend United. They are nothing big but they are my local team and I would not swap them for the world."

"I actually first dressed up as a mascot at the age of 13. Performing as a mascot at the age of 13 in front of 5000 was a bit scary, but I soon got used to it. ...I wanted to get to more matches because as a 13 year old I didn’t have enough money to see every game. So my dad and I asked the club if there was anything we could do on a matchday. To our complete amazement they asked if we wanted to become mascots! I jumped at the chance as you could imagine and I haven’t looked back since."

Understood every word of that ! :D

That link needs to be in English.

I can't describe it well ..... Do you understand it my short description of that??

dillo_dillo, you really are a huge asset to Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Thankyou :brfc:

It's sweet music to me! :) Thanks.

the book looks like that...

It's temporary book ad for Rovers fans,

http://dillo-h.com/armadillo/zrzr/indexen.html

(temporary... the publisher and Amazon make more further details about the book)

We request to sell it on Amazon.co.uk/Amazon.com.

Now, I don't know Amazon.co.uk turn over my book, The publishern on a negotiating process..

The decision rests with them.

--- I didn't know that shipping fee!! from japan to other countries.Terribly expensive!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/bro...2#international

please request to sell it on amazon co.uk

e-mail:amazon.co.uk,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us...4409677-0709240

I have managed the Japanese site of Rovers.

However, it is then difficult to raise the acknowledgment level of Rovers to the football fan of Japan.

This mascot's book is preparations to make my results, and to publish the book on Rovers.

It endeavors for this book to succeed to publish the book of Rovers.

I really want to published "Behind the Rovers" book.

I need more local Rovers fans cooperation to next step to "Behind the rovers" project. I appriciate your help.

I'm planning to next step "Behind the Rovers" project .

If you know the person who work with Blackburn and Darwen tourist information depepertment. let me know about it.

Thanks.

--- I was planning to visit Blackburn in September, But sadly. It's difficult. I can visit there if I get some sponser. but I think It's realistically difficult.

Edited by dillo_dillo

I'm looking for this boy. I want to say thank you and send printed photo.

IPB Image

Does anyone know him(or his family), please pass the word. Thanks.

a friend of this guy mailed me.

IPB Image

=============================================

Now, i'm checking all my photos to make " how to get to Ewood park" for japanes rovers fans on my web.

some photos (taken Nov.2004)

http://dillo-h.com/armadillo/brfc/0411/

Edited by dillo_dillo

If you know the person who work with Blackburn and Darwen tourist information depepertment. let me know about it.

Thanks.

Dillo,

have a start

here

Colin

have a start

here

Thanks!

Now, i'm checking many visitors guide pamphlets(booklet) got from information centers.

Burnley's town guide is better than Blackburn & Darwen !! GMR's not good , too.

i think they don't have a concept (for overseas visiters ... easy to understand about the town & city)

Now, i'm checking all my photos to make " how to get to Ewood park" for japanes rovers fans on my web.

some photos (taken Nov.2004)

http://dillo-h.com/armadillo/brfc/0411/

see other photos above URL.

IPB Image

@ Leeds-Liverpool Canal

IPB Image

@ Leeds-Liverpool Canal

IPB Image

@ Darwen

Edited by dillo_dillo

I 'm planning to visit Blackburn again.

Thanks! if you're able to help me out of "Behind The Rovers"!! :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

interesting pics there dillo. The top one quite poignant, beautiful old victorian establishment closed to ship everyone up to the workhouse on the hill. Not enough nurses, and have just commisioned a new uniform design for every member of staff, cost a few unnecessary bob that will.

The second pic, were you up on the bridge you cheeky monkey ? ;)

The second pic, were you up on the bridge you cheeky monkey ? ;)

I took it at Leeds-Liverpool canal! not climb the bridge!

IPB Image

IPB Image

I need your help!! :)

"Behind The Rovers ".... It's my life-long project.

I really want to take the photos about the family.

I plan to taking some photos 2nd phase about "Behind The Rovers"

--->I find people who photographic model of "Behind the Rovers"

I strongly want to take the photo of "My Family is Rovers"

--- the family who have local roots at Balckburn area at least over 3 generation.

Most oldest that family know "50's /60's Rovers", and know well about before "Premiaship era" People's faces, It tells me their story.

Local roots, It's may most interesting things and very important for me.

I have no idea how can I find the families....

Dillo,

Just to clear your request:

You would like to take photographs of people who have been Rovers' supporters for a long time.

You want grandfathers & grandmothers, and their sons & daughters & their sons & daughters?

Is that right?

Just to clear your request:

You would like to take photographs of people who have been Rovers' supporters for a long time.

You want grandfathers & grandmothers, and their sons & daughters & their sons & daughters?

Is that right?

THAT'S RIGHT! thanks :)

IPB Image

@ Blackburn

IPB Image

@ Darwen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.