BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

South Korea V Togo

philipl

I am chuffed that Togo are winning after those arrogant tossers gave Rovers grief over what in retrospect was a very generous offer of a chance for Ahn to resurrect his non-career.

go Togo!

PS, anyone remember which matches I am supposed to be previewing?

Edited by philipl

First dodgy refereeing I've seen, apart from the England game, and where's the ref from? The UK. Big surprise.

Poll was _so_ keen to get his red card out he issued that before the yellow. Speaks volumes IMO.

I've just returned from the game. Graham Poll was his usual self- all flamboyant gestures and poor decisions. Korea are officially my "hate" team now. Not only did they spend the entire time trying to get a Togo player (any Togo player would do) sent off, but they played the worst and most negative football of the world cup so far. At the start, the neutrals were quite evenly split, by the end, there wasn't a neutral in there- all of us were supporting Togo. That said, Togo were poor!

I've just returned from the game. Graham Poll was his usual self- all flamboyant gestures and poor decisions. Korea are officially my "hate" team now. Not only did they spend the entire time trying to get a Togo player (any Togo player would do) sent off, but they played the worst and most negative football of the world cup so far. At the start, the neutrals were quite evenly split, by the end, there wasn't a neutral in there- all of us were supporting Togo. That said, Togo were poor!

There's room on that hate list?

I was at the game and the first half was terrible, I have probably seen every Korean game for the past five years but that was the worst they have played.

Not quite sure that they played more negative than any other team as they did have four strikers on the pitch in the second half- played much of it with 4-2-4.

Advocaat messed up with his first-half tactics and formation - he changed things at half-time and the second half was better.

Korea played out time at the end but after never winning an overseas World Cup game in five previous tournaments - a lack of ambition as the clock ticked down was understandable.

I talked to Ahn after the game and he said that he was never offered a trial by Blackburn. He had two concrete transfers -both German and a trail with a Scottish club but nothing from the Rovers.

Edited by Korean John

Not quite sure that they played more negative than any other team as they did have four strikers on the pitch in the second half- played much of it with 4-2-4.

Then those strikers must be real kak. I lost count of how many times it was passed back to the goalie in the second half. If you couldn't hear the boos every time it happened, you're deaf!! Such a very bad game. At least I can hope they won't go much further, although looking at France and Switzerland................!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.