BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Problem With The Xbox

Again, this is probably me being slow and it probably doesn't deserve its own topic, but I was worried that no one else would look at it. Basically, played on the console yesterday, no problems, last night and today when I turn on the tv and turn on the console nothing shows up on the screen. Unplugged and hooked everything back up. Any ideas?

Eddie you got any more info you can give us here, because my 360 has done this a few times but it sorted itself out somehow.

Do you get a green ring of lights when you turn the console on or a red ring of lights?

Oh, I got mine about a month ago. Anyone want to hook up online for a game or two one time? Currently only have Top Spin 2 and Fight Night 3 to play online though.

I get a green light and other than that I don't know what to say. The disc spins and everything seems to be working but no picture or sound.

I have top sin 2, I haven't purchased xbox live yet, but you can get a month free can't you?

Yeah you just register and you get a month of the Gold membership free. My free month is already expired though...You automatically have the Silver membership, which is free. But you can't play against others online on weekdays. You can still download stuff from marketplace though.

Sounds like a cable is faulty really. Don't think it's anything to do with the actual console.

So you can constantly play free on weekends?

Question about hooking it up to the internet actually, I have a wireless network within the house, so is the only way I can connect to that by buying the wireless adapter? I can't see to connect through my computer and the rooter is in another room.

Edited by Eddie

That doesn't sound good. I assume you've tried pressing the synchro buttons on the controller and the Xbox.

Are you still getting no video? If there's anything wrong with the video cable, you should get a red light.

I get a green light, still no video or audio. I've emailed microsoft and if they don't come up with anything it will be into the shop tomorrow or Saturday for a replacement, and I'm not being messed around by good old fnac.

I want to start playing my 360 online what do i need to set it up for online play. I have a broadband connection so i'm so far set up. I've played on my mates console online but i never actually asked him how it worked like that.

I want to start playing my 360 online what do i need to set it up for online play. I have a broadband connection so i'm so far set up. I've played on my mates console online but i never actually asked him how it worked like that.

It's plug and play, isn't it? You get an ethernet cable with the Xbox, so just whack that in your router and you're away.Setting up an Xbox Live account is all done through the console. Have your credit card handy.

I bought the premuim Xbox360 when it came out and mine didn't have a ethernet cable wit it as far as i know. It came with the hard drive, headset, wireless controller and remote control but i don't remember seeing an ethernet cable with mine.

Scrap that last comment i've found my ethernet cable, not what do i do. I know one end goes in my 360 but wheres the other end go. I use my broadband through a modem and filters and the other end of the ethernet cable won't fit into the filter. Any help please?

Are routers easy to setup and do you reckon that i'd be able to use an boradband connection from my university accomodation in September to use my 360 online because i don't see much point in me buying a router or cross over cable if i cannot use them there.

Thanks for the info anyway Kamy100.

EDIT:Would a router allow me to use it as a wireless system if i bought the correct equipment for the 360? Would my PC need to be connected for it to connect to the internet as my modem runs via the USB socket on my PC and if i were to use a crossover cable which seems a lot cheaper after just looking on EBAY, how would i go about setting it all up? Thanks guys!

Edited by ihatethedingles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.