BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wma To Mp3 Files

Trying to burn a compilation cd and can't transform the wma files from the CD to mp3 files that I can then burn.

I've tried media player,real player and Nero v6.0 all to no avail and am losing hope. What program is the preferred one of MB members, remembering it's got to be ultra user friendly for me to have a chance of using it.

Thanks.

Trying to burn a compilation cd and can't transform the wma files from the CD to mp3 files that I can then burn.

I've tried media player,real player and Nero v6.0 all to no avail and am losing hope. What program is the preferred one of MB members, remembering it's got to be ultra user friendly for me to have a chance of using it.

Thanks.

why wont nero burn wma files to a cd? i thought it did that...

On a similar theme, how can you rip from a CD straight to mp3 format these days. I used to have lame.dll which let me do it on my desktop but can't seem to find the variant that worked for me before.

I use cdex, there's a link in my earlier post. It uses the lame codec too.

Windows Media Player also rips from a CD to mp3 format, which is what I use to rip from CD, if need be.

My windows media player (wmp) doesn't says no codec for this format is supported, it used to now it doesn't - weird.

Anyone advise on how to rip from wmp 10 to mp3?

I have wmp 10. In the tools-options section you can see the "rip" tab where you have an option to rip to mp3. Many people don't use this though as the lame codec which many consider to be best is not used by wmp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.