BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chipping A 360

I know that this has been mentioned before and that I have been given some information on how to do it earlier, but I am now more seriously considering it and wanted to see if anyone else had done it. The only reason I want to do it is because MLB 2K7 will not be released in PAL format and this is my only way around this issue. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it particularly difficult? If I do this can it be undone (in case I have to send my 360 in because of problems)?

I know that this has been mentioned before and that I have been given some information on how to do it earlier, but I am now more seriously considering it and wanted to see if anyone else had done it. The only reason I want to do it is because MLB 2K7 will not be released in PAL format and this is my only way around this issue. What is the easiest way to do this? Is it particularly difficult? If I do this can it be undone (in case I have to send my 360 in because of problems)?

It's quite easy to do (if you know your way around a PC). You can undo the change but you can't send it back to Microsoft in case of a breakage as you have to break a hologram seal inside the case.

Is MLB 2K7 an EA Sports game? If it is then you can't get around your problem anyway as all EA games are region coded on the 360 so the NTSC version won't work.

So there is no way around it in this instance?

Not unless you buy and American 360. Suddenly the PS3 looks a whole lot better! I can understand games companies region coding games that are going to be sold in multiple territories but region coding one that they are not going to sell anywhere else is plain stupid and annoying.

I wouldn't risk chipping, at least until your warranty runs out. PS3 is region free on games, so if you were that desperate..... There is demo out of the game on US marketplace, if you haven't tried the game already.

Archived