BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Supporters 5 A-side Competition

Hi all,

The annual supporters 5 a-side competition will take place at the JJB Soccerdome, the day before the last game of the season against Reading. If anyone here would like to submit a team, then please give me a shout. There has been a huge interest in this competition and details are as follows:-

DATE:-

Saturday 12th May 2007

VENUE:-

JJB Soccerdome, Blackburn

CHARITY:-

We will be donating all profits to the charity Scope. It's a disability organisation, whose main focus is on people with cerebal palsy. One of the main reasons supporting this worthwhile cause, is that it's Blackburn Rovers official charity this season. For further information about Scope, then please visit Scope's website.

ENTRANCE FEE:-

The fee for this has been thought over long and hard, bearing in mnd that we're trying to raise as much money as possible for charity.

We've had to pay for pitches and referees, in which JJB have taken at a reduced fee. However, in order to raise money above this barrier, then we will set a team fee in circa of £50.00 based on 5/7 players (including free buffet afterwards).

However we've had Sponsor Sheets drawn up and cleared by Scope, so if any player raises in excess of £15, then they'll be exempt from paying a fee. Prizes will be organised by Blackburn Rovers as well.

BUFFET:-

JJB have agreed to keep the bar open for a few hours after the competition so we can have a buffet and award prizes to relevant winners. Available are freshly made sandwiches, chicken dippers, potato wedges, tortilla chips with dips, sausage rolls, chicken wings and chips.

PRESS RELEASE:-

To raise the profile on Blackburn Rovers and their supporters raising money for Scope, we will be probably holding a brief photo-shoot this Thursday (10th May) for the Lancashire Evening Telegraph. If there are about 4-5 team captains who are available then that would be great. Scope will be supplying a few t-shirts for this and it will be a excellent chance to have your mugs in the paper.

PROPOSED ITINERARY TIME FOR VENUES:-

12:15pm

Meeting at JJB Soccerdome (fixture lists, rules etc)

1:15pm

Teams assemble for official photographs.

1:45pm

Kick-off at JJB Soccerdome on group stages (Using x3 pitches).

3:15pm

Group stages come to an end.

3:30pm

Kick-off with Quarter-Finals (Using x2 pitches).

3:45pm

Quarter-Finals are finished.

4:00pm

Kick-off with Semi-finals (Using x2 pitches).

4:30pm

Semi-finals are finished.

4:45pm

Kick-off with Final.

5:00pm

Tournament comes to an end.

5:30pm

Gather in JJB bar for a light buffet, prize giving and post competition celebrations.

TEAMS TAKING PART

(team who are confirmed, but waiting on 2-3 more teams)

• AFCD

• BBC Radio Lancashire

• BRIC

• Lancashire Evening Telegraph

• London branch 'A'

• London branch 'B'

• Northern Ireland branch 'A'

• Northern Ireland branch 'B'

• Norwegian Branch

• Republic of Ireland Branch

• The Torrents

- - - - - - - - - -

I would appreciate it if all team captains, would confirm with me as to whether or not they are entering a team and if they will be available for the photo-shoot. If anyone has any queries or indeed suggestions, then please PM me. Again thanks to everyone for all your support and hopefully we can make this event a success and some team will take the title away from the Norwegian Branch.

Hi all,

Thanks for the few replies thus far and if 'pick32' or 'sas' would like to enter the teams then we will be able to squeeze you in and have you placed into the groups when the draw is made. Blackburn Rovers got back to me and have put together decent prizes for the winners, in the form of something the supporters could not buy this season. There will be small items for the runners-up as well.

We are also looking to have the Cup shipped back from Norway (last seasons winners) and all prizes will be presented this Saturday. It should prove to be a good occasion and I'm hopeful that Scope can be the real winner at the end of the day. This is further creating good publicty between Blackburn Rovers and their fans towards charity. So be proud of yourselves and hopefully we can all enjoy a few drinks with the buffet afterwards.

id enter a team, but

1. i am workin :(

2. i cant play football for a while

Shame to hear about that Scott, but maybe next year. Anyhow, all is sorted for the photo-shoot tomorrow with PA public relations and LET covering this for their respective publications.

DATE:

Thursday 10th May, 2007 (tomorrow) @ 9:15am sharp.

Red Rose Suite, Ewood Park (Blackburn End)

At the moment we will have a few definite participants present along with representatives from Scope and JJB.

• Dave Pilkington (BRIC),

• Andy Neild (LET),

• Paal Soberg (Norway Supporters),

• Cathy Elliott (Scope),

• Lee Clapham (JJB).

- - - - - - - - - - -

PRESENTATION OF PRIZES

This will be held after the competition is brought to an end.

DATE:

Saturday 12th May, 2007

JJB Soccerdome Bar @ 5:30pm

Tel: (01254) 844099

Below are the prizes that will be presented to all eventual winners:-

WINNERS:-

• Supporters Trophy

Trophy%201.jpg

• plus individual 'European football tops' from the 2006/07 UEFA Cup Campaign for each team member.

RUNNERS-UP

• Individual t-shirts issued by Blackburn Rovers

HIGHEST GOAL SCORERPLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

• Official Premiership Match-ball again issued by Blackburn Rovers.

The norwegian branch is looking forward to bring home the trophy once again this year! :) Just two of the members (me and Ronny) from last year are playinig this year, but we have brought in some more than capable replacements. We feel confident. And we norwegian likes to be cocky about it :rover::P

SAS come watch us play and break a window or 2, sorry have a drink or 2 after!

break a window, i dont know what your talking about <_<

no can do, working 2pm -9pm, however will be in town that night if anyone else is

postal from 9pm

Anyone driving up for this on Saturday morning (or late Friday night) from London and have extra space in the car? Booked the train, but it's the nice 4 hour trip this weekend.

Sorry groo, i'd have been there but still up at uni. Maybe you can get my Dad to play. My money is on the Torrents!

Shame to hear Macky.

However one of the lads in our branch lives in Durham and is heading down on Saturday morning if you want to avail of that lift.

I think Nidge is trying to get Macky Senior involved, so we should see him there. Never heard of 'The Torrents' though!!

:rolleyes:

Anyone driving up for this on Saturday morning (or late Friday night) from London and have extra space in the car? Booked the train, but it's the nice 4 hour trip this weekend.

American, we're getting lifted in a state of the art mini-bus at Liverpool 'John Lennon' airport at 10:20pm is that is of any assistance.

We'll be sticking on the DVD from last season for a bit of light entertainment, then into Woodlands for a bit of craic.

1121994024281-6128.jpg

1121994190125-9545.jpg

Did you get sorted with accommodation. Modes98 is also travelling up from Coventry on the Friday, but his driving isn't the best!!

Buffet has also been booked for 40 persons.

Got sorted at the Fernhurst, the Woodlands was booked.

I'm on another of my great adventures from Lux - wish RyanAir would just fly from Frankfurt/Hahn to Manchester! Can't complain about 38 euro all in to London, though.

Modes98 is also travelling up from Coventry on the Friday, but his driving isn't the best!!

Note to self: No lifts for Simon! :P

Yeah if it's any help i am driving up on the friday.

Maybe try Tris or the london supporters branch?

Sadly I can't make it as I have only just bothered to read this, and not prt of any team. I wouldn't want to show you all up with my footballing skills. Honestly, I make Tugay look like Dario Marcolin, and Benni look like Egil Ostenstadt :lol:.

Have fun.

Sadly I can't make it as I have only just bothered to read this, and not prt of any team. I wouldn't want to show you all up with my footballing skills. Honestly, I make Tugay look like Dario Marcolin, and Benni look like Egil Ostenstadt :lol:.

Have fun.

Billy, thanks for your well wishes.

The competition can be fairly serious, but your more than welcome to head down and play for some team. You will get a fair run out in either of the x3 Irish teams.

Soon getting ready for a few pre-caompetition pints in Woodlands in a few hours! See you all down there at 12:30pm. All the best and the captain of the team who takes the title away from Norway, will earn himself a pint from me!! There are officially 11 teams entered and will see what groups we're all placed in. Good luck!

:brfc::rover::brfc:

Archived