BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 2007

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Come on someone! One more and we can draft!

By the way, I hope Michael Vick rots in jail for what he did to those dogs.

What an a**hat...

ESPN.com news services

Facing increasing pressure to strike a deal with prosecutors, Atlanta Falcons star Michael Vick conferred with his attorneys for hours Wednesday.

"The defense and Michael are meeting," Collins R. Spencer III, a spokesman for Vick's five lawyers, said Wednesday afternoon.

At least some of the parties were participating by telephone in a meeting that began in late morning and continued well into the afternoon, he said.

"It seems they're going to be talking a while," Spencer said.

Prosecutors were not involved in the meeting, he said.

The conference call came two days after Vick's two remaining co-defendants scheduled plea hearings, presumably agreeing to testify against Vick if his federal dogfighting conspiracy case goes to trial as scheduled Nov. 26.

On Tuesday ESPN learned that lawyers representing Vick were trying to negotiate a plea agreement that would include less than the year of prison time that prosecutors had offered.

A source also said that Vick's attorneys had recommended that the embattled quarterback accept a deal if it includes less than a year of jail time, but he had not decided whether to fight the charges.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen learned on Wednesday that commissioner Roger Goodell refuses to negotiate with Vick representatives regarding a suspension from the league. He is waiting for Vick to appear in court and for the league's investigation to be completed.

Vick may want to know what the league will do if he accepts certain plea agreements; however, the commissioner refuses to tip his hand. The league dismissed an earlier report that the commissioner was planning to suspend Vick for the season this week or next.

Vick's situation became more tenous when two other co-defendants decided to cooperate with the government. Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips are scheduled to appear in federal court in Richmond on Friday to accept plea agreements.

The hearing for Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, Va., had originally been set for 9 a.m. Thursday before U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson. The case has been rescheduled for 9:15 a.m. Friday, 15 minutes after the hearing for Quanis Phillips, 28, of Atlanta.

Spencer said they were surprised by the plea deals.

"They didn't see it coming," Spencer said.

Sources told ESPN's Kelly Naqi that Vick attorneys Larry Woodward and Billy Martin met with federal prosecutor Michael Gill and the investigators on Monday afternoon

Silly, silly man. Vick decided to plead guilty as he'd no choice. His "friends" all decided to turn against him. Whether Vick was present at the fights, funded the operation, or just let them use his house, he's ball$ed up big time here. He'll lose all his endorsements, his Altanta contract, and maybe get banned for life. I doubt the last one though as he's too good a player so the NFL will let everything calm down, bring him in, and then market him as a reformed hero.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone planning on going to the game at Wembley later on this year?

I've just got an email from ticketmaster with a "special password" which will allow me to try and buy tickets, so hopefully if I am quick enough I will get a couple :):tu:

Yes I got four tickets to the NFL in October. If you are having trouble connecting to ticketmaster.co.uk when it goes live. Then try via ticketmaster.ie you might get in easier there. They went super fast last time, so good luck!

Ta for the advice!! I set both computers up, one on normal ticketmaster and one on .ie and the .ie worked for me. Got 4 tickets in the top tier, pretty central. Well looking forward to it!

Pretty shocking news about Bills reserve TE Everett who got injured on a kick off return (he was defending). The bloke broke his neck as far as I can tell, at the C3 and C4 level. The guy is on life support on an ICU, although he is expected to be taken off that as his breathing gets a little better. They thought he'd never walk again but latest news were more optimistic and they think he might just walk again.

Archived