BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Just Bought A Playstation 2

anyone know how to backup my games and play without a modchip?

To be fair mate I am sure that you need a chip in them for them to be able to play the copied games - sorry.

You can pick up some classic PS2 games cheap enough anyway however, your first purchases should be God of War 1 and 2 as you will be amazed by the graphics and game play.

After this you should be able to pick up for less the £20 each:-

Resident Evil 4

Grand Theft Auto (any of them cos they are all ace)

Pro Evo

Final Fantasy XII

Bully

Burnout

Enjoy :tu:

To be fair mate I am sure that you need a chip in them for them to be able to play the copied games - sorry.

No you don't.

If you don't want to mod your Playstation, you need Swap Magic. Along with these you need a way of changing discs without using the eject button. Since you haven't said which type of PS2 you have I can't help much more, but the safest and easiest way is to buy a third-party case for console that replaces the official one (without breaking the warranty) which has a flip lid on top to allow you to do this. Just typing "PS2 flip lid" or something similar into eBay should do the trick.

No you don't.

If you don't want to mod your Playstation, you need Swap Magic. Along with these you need a way of changing discs without using the eject button. Since you haven't said which type of PS2 you have I can't help much more, but the safest and easiest way is to buy a third-party case for console that replaces the official one (without breaking the warranty) which has a flip lid on top to allow you to do this. Just typing "PS2 flip lid" or something similar into eBay should do the trick.

Shows what I know then? Le Chuck the Artful Dodger :rolleyes:

Thanks Le Chuck, I have a mini slim top loader so this would work a treat. Can't purchase in Australia though, will have to search round

They still need a new case unfortunately, I had to put one on mine. I've tried having a look round the net and I can't find any, now that I think about it I think the legality changed on them a while back so they could be harder to come across. I've found this site selling them, others probably will if you Google around a bit. The guide on Swap Magic also says you can use something called a 'Magic Switch', I'm not sure where you'd buy those though.

Archived