BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Travel To Ewood From London.

im london based and was wondering if anyone on these boards takes part in travel schemes up to ewood from london??

is there a mini-bus that someone drives up or anything?im playing with the idea of getting a season ticket but would much rather go with other people,and if there is a mini bus that people pitch into id be well up for this as its about 100 times more economical than getting trains etc etc every other week!

Once upon a time the London Branch used to organise Rail trips, but that was pre-rail crashes, before any day but a Saturday football, and Virgin's removal of the Sports discount packages. There were never that many of us - 15-20, but it was only 23 quid return - Now it's way too expensive an option to consider, unless you can guarentee that the match isn't going to be moved.

are there any rovers based in oxford??...as thats where ill be for next season.......or any body from the general south driving up through or past brum/oxford??........theres a few peeps go up from birmingham too.......hmmm this could all get rather complicated..... :blink:

im london based and was wondering if anyone on these boards takes part in travel schemes up to ewood from london??

is there a mini-bus that someone drives up or anything?im playing with the idea of getting a season ticket but would much rather go with other people,and if there is a mini bus that people pitch into id be well up for this as its about 100 times more economical than getting trains etc etc every other week!

I am moving to London in September and I am very interested in travelling up to matches. I was looking at fares today on the train and they are daft (£66 saver return!), I guess driving is the only real option. And I don't drive... more than willing to help fund a minibus, fuel etc.

The London Branch does still exist, in fact the AGM was held just over a week ago. There was a recognition that things have been a bit "quiet" recently and there will be a concerted effort to remedy this in the near future. When I left the meeting I had become the Sports and Social Secretary, so I suppose I now have a vested interest!!

The old website has indeed gone offline. It will be replaced shortly (maybe on myspace or similar) and that will be used to help with communication on subjects such as lift sharing which have come up in this thread.

I have been playing for the London Branch football team for over 5 years, and during that period the team has become the most active "bit" of the branch, but the two entities have drifted apart.

One of the reasons I've chosen to get more involved in the branch itself is to try and use the momentum from the lads who play footy to reawaken the rest of the activities which the London Branch can offer Rovers fans exiled here in the smoke.

Drop me a pm if you want any more info, or want to get involved. It's the right time to get things moving again, so new faces will be more than welcome.

I travel to some games from Aylesbury not to far from smoke or Oxford if anyone is interested. I drive (Freelander) just for the game and back down afterwards.

definatley mate....

• 3 months later...

Archived