BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poor Discipline

Jammy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emerton playing for OZ tommorow but will be back on friday.

Ooijer is fine.

Henchoz - injured

Olsson - injured

Nelsen - injured

Samba - suspended

Dunn - suspended

How come we signed him for another season is beyond me, what a waste of money.

The card issue, just look at the game at weekend. We dont get a fair crack of the whip.

Fernandes made 3 strong fouls, Pedersen had his neck throttled, who got booked?

3 or 4 times the referee said no foul, when Johnson went down - if no foul then did he dive? I.e. should he of been booked?

Samba - 22 Starts

36 Fouls conceded – 10 Yellows – 3.6 fouls to get a yellow

30 Fouls Suffered – 1.36 per game

Johnson - 12 Starts

19 Fouls – 1 Yellow – 19 fouls to get a yellow

31 Fouls Suffered – 2.58 per game

Everton tackle succession = 71.4%

Fouls = 17

Yellows = 2 (1 of which was for Tim Howard)

Blackburn tackle succession = 89.3%

Fouls = 20

Yellows = 4

Listen, everything you guys are saying is the same thing I've felt before I started doing the numbers, and I wanted the numbers to bear out my feelings. But the numbers to some extent tell a different story.

Unfortuantely I couldn't get this weekends game on the TV, so I couldn't see the neck wringing... but that's one incident. We basically lead the league in fouls committed, to think that we also wouldn't basically lead the league in cards is silly. And yes we have a reputation, but amazingly, over the course of the season, we aren't getting carded as frequently as the likes of Arsenal, who of course have the opposite rep.

Also, you can't compare the numbers of a defender like samba who makes a lot of silly tackles for being out of position and therefore "professional fouls", to a striker who comits fouls in the offensive end trying to win back the ball. They are very different types of fouls, and you also have to be careful to check and see if offsides is considered a foul. Obviously offsides is not going to be card worthy.

Oh, and I forgot to edit: Using this last game is a bad diea anyways, since the season long numbers show that everton is the ref's darling club....

The stats mean absolutely nothing. Samba gets booked because he's big and when he clatters in on someone they stay tackled. As a rule we make a lot of rash or reckless tackles which referess nowadays always book you for. For example look at the one Dunn got booked for on Saturday. there's no need to make those kind of tackles and they show a lack of discipline. We can have as many conspiracy theories as we like but we now have 3 key players suspended at the same time. Thank God we haven't had many injuries this season or we'd be really toiling.

Dunn shouldnt of been booked for his 1st challenge, but should for his handball.

Zurab got booked for jumping up for a header!

Fernandes could have been booked on 3 seperate occasions but didnt.

Johnson went to ground and got told no foul 3 or 4 times, therefore maybe diving? No yellow card!

Arteta should of been sent off, but didnt!

The list is endless!

Samba gets booked for fouling yes, but Johnson doesnt get booked for diving!

Archived