BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Halo 3

Over 600k people in online matchmaking at this moment! That is some serious gaming!!

Wonder how those figure compare to any PS3 game :blink:

No doubt about it Halo3 will be THE best selling game. Will probably overtake GoW before Xmas,

And I cant even get on because my son is playing on MY 360 with 2 of his mates - rumble pit slayer or hammerzeit.

Must say it is a seriously addictive game.

Not really, early reports suggested Bungie wanted to do more than Halo but Microsoft just wanted more. This split just means Bungie have more development freedom but Microsoft still hold a stake in Bungie and will still own the Intellectual property rights for Halo and indeed all further Bungie games.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Could someone explain why so many are in love with this game?

For me it's the gameplay mainly. Haven't got a 360 so haven't tried the new one ,unfortunately. And in the midst of moving and having a kid I can't see myself getting one for a while yet. :(

When rumors first surfaced a week ago that the Bungie team that designed Halo was going to split from Microsoft, there was a lot of negative backlash. This was the proof Microsoft was not really committed to the gaming market, some said. Halo was a flop (not a justifiable contention, with $300 million in sales in the first week), but still an opinion seen/heard around the Web.

Five reasons why the Bungie-Microsoft split is a smart move for MicrosoftOn October 5, Microsoft officially announced what is really happening: Microsoft is spinning out the company it acquired in 2000, but is retaining an equity interest in it. Microsoft’s Game Studio keeps the Halo intellectual property and will have the right to forge publishing agreements for “other future properties developed by Bungie.” (But Bungie owns the IP on any new games, according to the announcement.)

....Continues here http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=797

Also on the halo 3

Interactive entertainment will never be the same, with the launch of one title that has changed the way the world thinks about video games. “Halo® 3” has captured the attention of consumers worldwide and has made history as one of the biggest entertainment launches of all time.

Microsoft Corp. today announced that “Halo 3” has officially become a global phenomenon, garnering more than $300 million in sales in the first week alone. The critically acclaimed Xbox 360® exclusive, which was released worldwide on Tuesday, Sept. 25, is the fastest-selling video game ever and already one of the most successful entertainment properties in history.

Initial reports from retailers worldwide show console sales have more than doubled compared with the weekly average before the launch of “Halo 3.” With games such as “Halo 3,” “Madden 08” (EA Sports), “Mass Effect” (Microsoft Game Studios) and “Rock Band” (Harmonix), Xbox 360 has the greatest lineup in the history of video games and is the only console where consumers can play all the year’s biggest blockbusters.

...Continues here http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...ress%20Releases

I wish i didnt have to cancel my Pre-order :( as i was fairly short on cash be getting it soon though and joining in on the epic adventure

Archived