BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Halo 3

I played the beta a couple of times and didn't see what the fuss was about. I'm not a fan of the character design (it's a man in a green motorcycle helmet fighting generic purple Warhammer aliens) and I don't like shooters where you have to empty an entire clip into somebody just to wear away his armour (I'm a bad shot).

The latest screens do look incredible. Look at the sky in the third one on this page. That's ... intense. I just wish it was my sort of game.

I'll still buy it, though. Wouldn't want to miss out on such a big gaming event, and if I own it then I'll feel better qualified to complain.

I played the beta a couple of times and didn't see what the fuss was about. I'm not a fan of the character design (it's a man in a green motorcycle helmet fighting generic purple Warhammer aliens)

Couldnt have put it better myself. Could someone explain why so many are in love with this game?

Have nevere played halo series before but will be getting this as clips look superb.

Cant quite belive that it will be up to GOW standard but if it is I am in for one hell of a good time.

Personally am more in anticpation of Unreal Tournament 3 but it seems to be lost in the Halo blitz.

Halo is a great multiplayer game. I never really enjoyed the single player, but either online or with some friends it is amazing. I'm sure that this will be the same, it is worth it for xbox live alone as you can be sure that there will always be tons of people will be playing and that there will be maps that heve been specifically and well designed for online play.

• 1 month later...
Got it at midnight tonight, about an hour and a half ago, and im pulling myself away cause i have class in 8 hours and i need sleep. Its amazing. so far, i'll keep updating as i'm impressed and/or (hopefully not) disapointed.

What I want to know is if you managed to put it down and go to sleep - I have been there before and the next day isnt pretty

School is killing me with work this week, i'm only about half through campaign. I played every multiplayer map with my friend last night, and I wasn't blown away. There's not too many of them, and even the small ones are big. It's def a game where you need alot of people or online play though, so when I try that I hope it'll have a better feel. The multiplayer maps and campaign maps are quite detailed, very impressive. I'm liking the new view, as well as the new grenades and equipment.

But the thing that absolutly makes the game is the gravity hammer. Last night myself and 3 other friends played with just hammers and it was hysterical. If you're looking for a good time with friends just to smash the crap out of each other, try this out.

More as I continue playing.

Its always great when you have a new game and are dying to play it - remember to eat mate :rolleyes:

That's why I'll be picking up a few cans of Guinness on the way home - liquid nutrition and multiplayer fuel.

This had better be good. I haven't been so itchy to play a game in ages...

I played with three friends last night and before I knew it, it was 1am. Fantastic game!

It all clicked on the third mission of the campaign, when one of the two jeeps we were driving got destroyed and everyone had to pile into mine, with one guy balancing on the bonnet. We were like some hell-raising drunken army, taking potshots at anything that moved.

I've never liked Halo before but this is just brilliant. It's pretty cool that you can have your party of mates and keep everyone together while you switch from campaign to multiplayer and back. People can drop out and check out the replay films, send you a screenshot, and be back in a couple of minutes.

Archived