BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Smoking In The Riverside Loos At Halftime

sorry to drag this one up again(pardon the pun),was at the game today watching from the riverside as usual and i had to nip

to the bogs at half time as most of us do,while i was in there i noticed a steward looking to see if anyone was smoking in there

as far as i could see nobody was,i came out and noticed that right in the corner of the darwen end there was about 4 or 5 west

ham fans having a fag stood right next to a few stewards in there end,i approached the fence and asked the stewards why they

letting the west ham fans get away with smoking when anybody in the home end gets pounced on,he replied that they have

told them to stop but they didnt so let them carry on,what i want to know is why we as home fans get treated differently,ie no

smoking and no standing like the away fans do,made me laugh though because a couple of rovers fans then sparked up good

on em,i walked off and mentioned this to a policeman in there end and he shot straight of to see what was happening,dont know

what came of it as i had to get back to my kids,just wondering if anybody else saw what happened.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see that but what I did see against Liverpool was the STEWARDS smoking at the exit gate between the Riverside and Darwen End but according to John Newsham at the Fans Forum "this could not have happened as there are cameras covering the area that are constantly monitored"!!! So i'm lying apparently! Put it this way if I see it again i'll be taking a quick snap or two and sending them to him and asking for an explanation. I haven't seen it happen since probably because they've had a roasting, not that the arrogant sod would want to admit that it went on though.

Anyway sorry to take over the question like this,

Rant Over!

Also, i'd just like to ask is smoking a 'problem' at away games... ie do people light up? The only one ive been to so far is Pompey and the stewards didnt seem to fussed unless you were blantently in front of them.

Archived