BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amir Kahn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, well then we'll see how you feel if one of your family members was ever killed by someone maxing out on the motorway. I mean, as long as the car is capable of stopping somewhat quickly that would be ok right? The fact that your own ability to react and then control the car when reacting will be overlooked. If you want to drive fast go to a track for the day, if you want to get from A to B respect the laws.

Good. That means it's fine for the rest of us.

:lol: :lol:

A young bloke I worked with last year is the son of a multi millionaire in Cyprus (made his fortune over here). The roads over there aren't great and he's one of the few who own a Bentley. He regularly tear asses around the island lets the local bobbies have a drive when he gets stopped.

Nice fella, owned Buckingham Bingo.

I Rode in the passenger seat. He would have gone on his own but claimed that he couldn't leave me on my own with the Police Range Rover!

I suspect that as he was on his own he couldn't have booked me anyway (speeding needs corroboration) but why take the risk?

He really needs his arse kicking out of the force and you really needs some points or a ban.

You are one hell of a jammy sod. You should, quite rightly, be in a cell at Lancaster Police Station sharing with a local with a crooked grin, elephant ears, and a tube of KY jelly in his hand saying " You look like a pretty boy, come over here."

David Cameron praises the boxer who broke somebody's leg by speeding through a red traffic light

Cameron says: "I so admire what Amir Khan is doing here in Bolton. He's a role model and a hero."

Would Mr Cameron like to repeat those words to the 55-year-old man who Khan ran over in Bolton town centre while the boxer was speeding through a red traffic light ?

What if the 55-year-old man had not just broken a leg, but had actually been killed in the incident - would Cameron still be singing the praises of Khan ?

What next from Mr Cameron - praising Joey Barton as a great role-model and saying how much he admires Lee Hughes ?

No, I rather suspect that this was a quite cynical and deliberate attempt by Cameron to try to court the Asian vote in northern towns like Bolton. Cameron doesn't appear to give two hoots about the man who was rushed to hospital with a broken leg because of the reckless selfish driving of Amir Khan.

The next time that Mr Cameron publicly condemns reckless drivers, just remember that he is the man who actually praised a speeding driver for being a "role-model and a hero".

Ok, well then we'll see how you feel if one of your family members was ever killed by someone maxing out on the motorway. I mean, as long as the car is capable of stopping somewhat quickly that would be ok right? The fact that your own ability to react and then control the car when reacting will be overlooked. If you want to drive fast go to a track for the day, if you want to get from A to B respect the laws.

Don't be so silly Eddie. I wasn't "maxing it" on the motorway. There was another 40-50mph left in her at that stage so was well within its' capabilities (and mine for that matter - I am a very highly trained driver) so was nowhere near "maxing it".

Colin - It was in Cumbria not Lancashire. They've not seen them thar big shiny cars in Cumbria so it was a bit of a treat for the young chap who I think took a very sensible approach to enforcing the speeding laws. If I'd done it at 5pm on a friday (which I wouldn't) then fair enough, but 3am on a sunday morning is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Besides, I'd have got off anyway :rover:

Guest Dik Bleek

Maybe next time you could film yourself and put it on You Tube, that is the way to make a point or show off, if that is what you are trying to do? <_<

Archived