BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amir Kahn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I`m sure i read/heard somewhere the government was thinking of introducing an engine size limit for new/young drivers. I`d be all for something like that.

Agree 100%

It's been done for motorbikes for quite a number of years.

When I passed my motorbike test, a long time ago, it was on a 90cc one capable of doing 40mph downhill with a following wind.

I then bought a 500cc one, capable of doing 140mph.

With hindsight - it was absolute madness that I could have done that. I really shouldn't have been allowed.

I think the same should apply to cars.

hes next in court for speeding at 145mph :o

doesnt that carry a jail sentence?

Doesn`t suprise me one bit.

A mate of mine is a doorman in Notlob, he says Amir Kahn has rather alot of hangers on. i.e....cousins, mates, family etc....who all think they can gain free entry to anywhere just because they are pals/related to Amir Kahn. He says Amir isn`t a bad lad, but the fame & attention he gets is starting to go to his head......he`s starting to believe his own hype.

A "compatriot" is someone from the same country. Khan was born in Bolton so he is British. There is no such thing as a British race. Your comment is a non-sequitur.

What a clown you are , Colin .

By kicking up this fuss you're merely emphasising the obvious differences between Khan's lot and ours .....

I was , of course , referring to his fellow "British" compatriots who also have the tendency to drive around like lunatics . Why bring the issue of race into it all ? :blink:

Oh , by the way ; if there's no such thing as a British race then am I right in assuming that there are no such things as a Pakistani or Indian or French or Australian race ?

It seems that the charge of "racism" has now become redundant - which doesn't say much for many of your previous posts :lol:

Oh , by the way ; if there's no such thing as a British race then am I right in assuming that there are no such things as a Pakistani or Indian or French or Australian race ?

Correct with 3 but I believe that the real true Australians i.e. the Aborigines do qualify as a seperate race.

Yeah Colin, why bring race into it?

Well spotted , Matt :wacko:

In my defence , though , I'm just trying to point out how daft it is when Colin and his ilk continually alternate between calling Khan and his mob "British" - and "Asian" whenever it suits them .

A bit like saying "we're all the same" and then asking us to "celebrate diversity" .

It's all bollux ; Khan has his community , we have ours . We're not the same and we're not the same race - regardless of the pedantic defintions of the term "race" .

But back on the subject of Khan . I used to like the lad when he started out but it seems his head has been turned . He's becoming more like Naseem Hamed every day . And whether it is politically incorrect or not .....he is becoming exactly like all too many of his compatriots !

• 2 months later...

After previously speeding through a red traffic light in the wrong lane in Bolton town centre - knocking down a 55-year-old man who suffered a broken leg when he was hit by Khan's BMW - one might have hoped that Khan would have learnt his lesson and that he'd want to keep his nose clean for a while.

But no, Mr Khan has now been banned from driving for 42 days after he was caught driving at speeds of up to 140mph on the M62.

Pc Paul Saunders told Rochdale magistrates court that Khan had been driving between 135mph and 140mph. Det Insp Geoffrey Amir, who was also in the police vehicle, said that the pursuit was the "fastest he had ever travelled in a car".

In 2006, another well-known boxer, Prince Naseem Hamed, crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf, while Hamed was doing speeds of at least 90 mph on a road in Sheffield. The court heard that Hamed had been keen to impress a businessman who was a passenger in the Mercedes at the time of the crash. Naseem's car then hit a second vehicle. The driver of the Golf car was seriously injured, breaking every major bone in his body and suffering bruising to the brain. (Hamed escaped unhurt.)

Naseem was jailed for 15 months. The judge told Hamed: "I find it astonishing that the DVLA has not been prepared to co-operate with the prosecution to give them details of your earlier offences - apparently on human rights grounds."

Naseem had previously been banned for a year for driving a Porsche at 110mph. He had three other previous convictions for speeding offences, which the DVLA was apparently reluctant to give details of due to "human rights grounds". What about the "human rights" of the driver in the Golf car who broke every major bone in his body, because of the thoroughly reckless driving of this arrogant scumbag Hamed ?

Do these arrogant boxers like Khan and Hamed somehow think they are above the law and that they can do what they like ?

on sky it was reported at between 80 and 90 this morning.

It has been reported as 140mph, as evidenced by the police officers who testified in the case. In court the judge said there was insufficient evidence to convict him of driving above 100mph. The penalty for driving above 100mph is more severe than for offences below this speed, which probably explains why he was dealt with in a lenient fashion. It does make you wonder what evidence is required if two police officers testify to the fact?

I suspect if it was me I'd be banned and unemployed by now.

On a related note. I left Manchester airport and got home to Bburn in 33 mins last night approx 2.30pm! Superb drive and as safe as houses with hardly any other soul on the road apart from the odd artic blundering up the slow lane with full beam on :glare: .

It was just like MWays used to be most of the time untill myopic pratts with in Nissan Sunny's and other assorted cars the size of an average roller skate took to driving at 50mph in the outside lane.

I'll crack 30 mins one day if they ever decide to light the M61. ;)

In 2006, another well-known boxer, Prince Naseem Hamed, crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf, while Hamed was doing speeds of at least 90 mph on a road in Sheffield. The court heard that Hamed had been keen to impress a businessman who was a passenger in the Mercedes at the time of the crash. Naseem's car then hit a second vehicle. The driver of the Golf car was seriously injured, breaking every major bone in his body and suffering bruising to the brain. (Hamed escaped unhurt.)

Allah must have been looking down on Hamed. :unsure:

Just joking :!:

Just to rub it in AESF, I got let off doing about 160mph a couple of years ago. I just let the copper have a go in the car!

It was a good job too. It would have been very hard to convince anyone that it was the wife driving after I had gotten out of the car and identified myself....

And before you all get sanctimonious on me, it was on the M6 north of the lakes at about 3am. The only car I saw for about 40 miles was the copper and my stopping distance was still less than a metro doing 70.

Just to rub it in AESF, I got let off doing about 160mph a couple of years ago. I just let the copper have a go in the car!

It was a good job too. It would have been very hard to convince anyone that it was the wife driving after I had gotten out of the car and identified myself....

And before you all get sanctimonious on me, it was on the M6 north of the lakes at about 3am. The only car I saw for about 40 miles was the copper and my stopping distance was still less than a metro doing 70.

160mph?

You lucky bugger, getting a copper have a play with supercar in return for a let-off. S/he must have been a very impressionable youngster. Did you have to stand on the side of the M6 while s/he did a lap around the nearest junctions or did you ride in the back?

I Rode in the passenger seat. He would have gone on his own but claimed that he couldn't leave me on my own with the Police Range Rover!

I suspect that as he was on his own he couldn't have booked me anyway (speeding needs corroboration) but why take the risk?

Archived