BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amir Kahn

Boxer Amir Khan has been cleared of dangerous driving when he sped through a red light and knocked down a pedestrian.

The world lightweight title hopeful reached a top speed of 47mph as he went through traffic lights in the wrong lane in Bolton town centre.

Geoffrey Hatton, 55, suffered a broken leg when he was hit by Khan's BMW 6-series convertible on a pelican crossing.

That not dangerous. Would be if I did that, but then again I am not a cultural hero am I.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it that what you call positive racial discrimination OR Celebrity Justice ?

hard not to be synical or bitter about this. I know lifes to short, but FFS some things really get to you.

more so after seeing amir on the news saying "see i told ya, what i did wasnt dangerous" . Apparntly not.

The word "careless" would seem to me to involve not paying full attention to the surroundings.

What would amount to dangerous driving then?

Here you go

dangerous & careless

His compatriots will be appalled at the way he's disgraced their race

A "compatriot" is someone from the same country. Khan was born in Bolton so he is British. There is no such thing as a British race. Your comment is a non-sequitur.

I think the geezer with the br9oken leg was a little bit more than inconvenienced.

Couldn't agree more Bryan. Khan should have been charged with "Dangerous Driving" IMHO but that's the way it goes. I'm not in charge of the legal system.

(now just watch some one belt in here like a hamster on a wheel and confuse "charged" with "sentenced to.")

Regardless of race, what`s a 20yr old kid doing driving such a powerful car? It`s like giving a 3yr old a pitbull or a loaded crossbow to play with.

On the race front, the story doesn`t suprise me on iota. Young asian kids flying around (showing off) in high powered sports cars.

Here you go

dangerous & careless

There is no such thing as a British race.

Thats quite contraversial as people have been accused on many occasions of "racism" when they have been derogatory about someones nationality ie. "you french/german/pakistani/american/nigerian/aussie barsteward".

I actually agree with your statement - race is someting different to nationality. However some people seem to believe that the french/iraqis/pakistanis are actaual races! Amazing really but they expect us to tolerate this definition of race but then deny that there is a british or even english "race"/

Official estimates state that there will be 75million+ people in UK by 2050. Will they be english, british, or just "no race"? I donot know how they will "offically" be classified but I do know how they will classifiy themselves.

Regardless of race, what`s a 20yr old kid doing driving such a powerful car? It`s like giving a 3yr old a pitbull or a loaded crossbow to play with.

On the race front, the story doesn`t suprise me on iota. Young asian kids flying around (showing off) in high powered sports cars.

If he can afford the vehicle and the insurance then there's not much anyone can really do to stop him.

If he can afford the vehicle and the insurance then there's not much anyone can really do to stop him.

Very true Matt, but unfortunately somebody has been injured quite badly in an accident.

I`m sure i read/heard somewhere the government was thinking of introducing an engine size limit for new/young drivers. I`d be all for something like that.

I`d also be all for limiting passenger numbers for drivers under a certain age.

You constantly hear reports of kids getting killed in car accidents whilst out with their mates.....or them killing some innocent pedestrian.

*on a footnote, Amir Kahn & other dangerous drivers should be made to drive small bright yellow 1litre cars when they get their licenses back....with "DANGER! I`m a prick!" on a flashing sign on the roof*

Very true Matt, but unfortunately somebody has been injured quite badly in an accident.

I`m sure i read/heard somewhere the government was thinking of introducing an engine size limit for new/young drivers. I`d be all for something like that.

I`d also be all for limiting passenger numbers for drivers under a certain age.

Definitely. The scourge of young, clueless and reckless drivers is enough of a problem without handing them souped-up killing machines to take control of.

Archived