BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] American Presidential Elections

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Iraq War is the most important issue for me and his policy in this area is the one I most agree with, we simply cannot withdraw until we have established at least some form of government and stability, it is our mess.

Strange words from a communist as any form of stable government emerging from this mess would strengthen the reputation of the world's greatest capitalist and militarist power .

What this war has denegerated into is simply keeping the Islamist militants' and Iran's influence in check . Given that Saddam provided that function perfectly well before it could be argued that a lot of people have died not just for nothing but , unfortunately , for worse than that .

Listening to both Clinton and Obama make grovelling speeches to the "Friends of Israel" (or whatever they are called ....) in America the other day it struck me that the USA's foreign policy will continue to be made primarily for the benefit of Israel . Anyone expecting "change" from Obama are going to be a little disappointed ......

Oh ....and why do people refer to the bloke as "black" ? It's obvious just by looking at him that it's a mis-placed label . A bit like saying that Hillary is feminine ........... :unsure:

The Iraq War is the most important issue for me and his policy in this area is the one I most agree with, we simply cannot withdraw until we have established at least some form of government and stability, it is our mess.

Are we getting anywhere nearer stability, though? It seems that the troops are fighting an impossible war.

I was a bit disappointed to hear Obama's populist rhetoric about it being about time that Iraqi politicians took responsibility for Iraq. Simplifying the issue slightly...? The strife unleashed in Iraq is not something that politicians can deal with on their own. And that line was imo slightly disrespectful of some of the Iraqi politicians who have risked life and limb in trying to bring some form of order to their country.

Another problem I have with Obama (and probably most US politicians) is, why so nationalistic? Middle East peace for US safety. How about, Middle East for the safety of the world?

Oh ....and why do people refer to the bloke as "black" ? It's obvious just by looking at him that it's a mis-placed label . A bit like saying that Hillary is feminine ........... :unsure:

He may be mixed race but he looks no less a black man than any other African-American.

He may be mixed race but he looks no less a black man than any other African-American.

But that’s the problem. He isn’t African-American he is: mixed race- African-American. Those proclaiming that he will be the first ever “Black president” are doing his mother a great disservice, not only is he half white, but it was his mother who reared him in Hawaii, infact he has never even meet his Kenyan father.

But that’s the problem. He isn’t African-American he is: mixed race- African-American. Those proclaiming that he will be the first ever “Black president” are doing his mother a great disservice, not only is he half white, but it was his mother who reared him in Hawaii, infact he has never even meet his Kenyan father.

That is what problem?

His Kenyan father is dead and he did know him.

His Kenyan father is dead and he did know him.

He left Obama when he 20 months old and i knew his father was dead; he died when Obama was 21. If you read his book much of it dedicated to the fact that he never knew his Kenyan father.

Matt- I was probably one of the first people on this board to acknowledge the potential of Obama-over 18 months ago. Since then I read various articles on his personal life and upbringing. Especially the conspiracy theories on his supposed education at a Madrassa in Indonesia.

You're left-wing an you'd vote for John McCain?

I'm never one to lock myself into a particlar party, once you do that I think you're doing yourself a disservice. I wouldn't vote for a republican for the senate as I wouldn't want them to have the majority there, but for President I'd simply vote for the candidate who I like the most.

• 1 month later...

Archived