BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] American Presidential Elections

I have been following the race to the the Whitehouse on Fox News mostly, they seem to have been making a lot of the comments made by Obama's preacher on there.

I have been on late shift this week and when I get home I have started watching Bill O Reilly on Fox, dont know much about him really but he seems have some good stories on his show.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to watch this FOX news just to see what it was like after hearing about it, and it was awful. Loads of loudmouth yanks honking and sqwuaking right-wing claptrap about the UN daring to criticise the good ol' USA about Iraq. It was like seeing a gaggle of agitated, arrogant Nazi geese. I could see the kind of mentality that got a real life Forrest Gump elected twice.

I hate US news shows. Too self obsessed, too biased and has no news only opinions.

I think Obama will win the Democrat vote now.

I have been following the race to the the Whitehouse on Fox News mostly, they seem to have been making a lot of the comments made by Obama's preacher on there.

I have been on late shift this week and when I get home I have started watching Bill O Reilly on Fox, dont know much about him really but he seems have some good stories on his show.

O'Reilly is fine as long as you take him for what he is, a horribly biased right-winger. His show is fairly entertaining and he does provide some good opinion sometimes, but if he's your only source or main source then you're in trouble.

It was O'Reilly who said that he didn't want to want to "go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there's evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels. If that's how she really feels -- that America is a bad country or a flawed nation, whatever -- then that's legit. We'll track it down."

A lynching party... Good grief.

I wouldn't be so sure. McCain is very much in favour of sending more troops into Iraq (undoubtedly an unpopular policy, no matter which way you look at it) and is only vaguely aware that the mortgage crisis in the US is in fact a bad thing. On a more practical level, his fund-raising capabilities are dwarfed by his Democratic opponents (especially Obama) and he does not enjoy the unequivocal support of his party's crazed evangelical base.

Interesting article in The Guardian.

I was a big admirer of Hillary before all this began, mainly due to her husband I have to admit. She's revealed her true colours however and I can certainly see why Americans dislike her so much. Not only is she a stone-cold, unabashed liar, she's also a delusional pain in the arse. Her 'poor me' victim-mongering and transparently negative, cynical politics is almost as annoying as her refusal to pack it all in for the good of her party when faced with the inevitable.

The problem is neither of them really cares about the party. At the end of the day they just want their shot at the big-time and would probably all happily get it regardless of whether they were elected as a democrat, republican or nazi.

I'm not sure you can say that about Obama. It may very well be the case that he doesn't give sh*t about the party but at the moment he remains the front-runner and is simply running a successful campaign. He has no reason to sacrifice himself for the party's needs. He streaked into the lead when there was still much up for grabs and a contest between candidates was perfectly acceptable.

With winnable states running out and with no real chance of overturning Obama's delegate lead or his advantage in the popular vote, Clinton is simply dragging it out now. Why should Obama step aside when in such an enviable position?

He certainly doesn't need to sacrifice himself and he is almost certain to win at this point, but that doesn't change the fact that he is at times, like Clinton, going out of his way to make comments that simply don't need to be made and are only contributing to the bad blood within the party. They are behaving like two girls running for prom queen and it worries me that either one of them might be the head of state for the most powerful country in the world in a year.

Even as a liberal, I can honestly say that McCain is becoming more attractive by the second.

They never sank this low.

It's a shame that a presidential race that has 3 very good candidates in it (4 originally as I like Edwards) has turned into a glorified popularity contest. Obviously political elections are always somewhat based on that and the majority of voters don't know that much about policies, but this is being taken to an extreme.

The GOP was engaging in equally childish squabbling before McCain was left unopposed.

Actually, watching the debates, the GOP candidates kept saying that they might have differed on specifics, but that they had the utmost respect for each other.

I have changed my position after Clinton's "obliterate Iran" comments.

I had been all in favour of the Democratic nomination battle continuing as long as was needed until Obama a victor emerged believing it was battle hardening both of them whilst McCain had it all soft.

Now I just want Clinton put out of her agony quickly. I shudder to think what the current occupant of the White Hause thinks Clinton's comments give legitimacy to.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been watching Bill O'Reily on Fox News, well tonight apparently Hilary Clinton is going to appear on the O'Reily factor, for us in the UK it's on at 1am be interesting to see what he ask's her.

Was an interesting interview for Hilary Clinton on the O'Reily factor although I don't think she was really pushed on various topics, John Mcain is supposed to appear on there next week and I think now Obama really has to go on to the show to give his side of the campaign especially after what Rev Wright has been coming out with,

Archived