BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial Statements

Jan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is a running commentary really required? Can't you just post the final sum and we can all congratulate you on your wonderful selflessness at that point?

I would imagine that it is an attempt at bumping the thread, so that people who dont log in daily get an opportunity to see the offer.

• 1 year later...

Just been looking through these again.

Can anyone else who has them just help me out a bit. Am I right in thinking that we owed 11.5m in debt that was repayable by June 2009? I'm referring to the details on page 21 where it says around 11.5m is due within 12 months. (The accounts were up until June 2008).

I'm just asking because I know BFS said some of the Roque money was used to pay off debts, I'm thinking that if we did in deed pay off 11m or so that would give us around 7m maybe 8m or so left over to spend on a striker, looking like Kalinic at the moment and I guess if all true that would then surely be the end of our spending?

The good news is if I'm right in the way I've read the accounts we only owe another 2m over the next 2 years and then another 3.5m over the next 5 years.

The figure is I believe the overdraft facility which is always counted as short term debt (unless there are special provisions in the agreement). Payable within twelve months is the way short term debt is described in the accounts.

The reality is that so long as the account is being serviced and the bank sees movement (ie overdraft being paid down when the club has surplus funds) then the overdraft facility remains in place and would be described as repayable within twelve months in the accounts for the year ended 30 June 2009.

However, these have not been normal times for banks and banking relationships which is why some of the RSC and Derbyshire proceeds almost certainly went to the bank and will be staying there in lower overdraft facility. Sam has already said as much when indicating his transfer fee budget was around £13m.

The figure is I believe the overdraft facility which is always counted as short term debt (unless there are special provisions in the agreement). Payable within twelve months is the way short term debt is described in the accounts.

The reality is that so long as the account is being serviced and the bank sees movement (ie overdraft being paid down when the club has surplus funds) then the overdraft facility remains in place and would be described as repayable within twelve months in the accounts for the year ended 30 June 2009.

However, these have not been normal times for banks and banking relationships which is why some of the RSC and Derbyshire proceeds almost certainly went to the bank and will be staying there in lower overdraft facility. Sam has already said as much when indicating his transfer fee budget was around £13m.

Thanks philip

So the only loan we have to repay is the supporters trust?

And we were in our over draft which was around 12m as of June 08? I guess with added season ticket sales and the Roque money we must be well out of our overdraft now but are prepared to go back into it with around 13m (Which you say Sam indicated but I'm not sure it'll be quite that high) of transfers or so, I guess the bank will be happy as we have already repaid at least a substantial amount if not all of it for the time being.

Archived