SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial Statements

Jan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sincerely doubt it... <_<

Cheer up Mick. Not that bad. We have hardly any debt and overheads are not bad. The wage ratio issue is not directly relevant until we move to private ownership (although I have a view on this - see Nickos thread page 100 ). The club only really needs to wash its face. We have a good side. We will not be relegated this year or next and things are building.

See you in Tel Aviv later this year hopefully...looking at September. How is the Yiddish Blues SC coming on?

Paddy; my post here was in disrespect to JK Rowling. See your other post regarding the London Pride scheme.

Cheer up Mick. Not that bad. We have hardly any debt and overheads are not bad. The wage ratio issue is not directly relevant until we move to private ownership (although I have a view on this - see Nickos thread page 100 ). The club only really needs to wash its face. We have a good side. We will not be relegated this year or next and things are building.

See you in Tel Aviv later this year hopefully...looking at September. How is the Yiddish Blues SC coming on?

They may be in the public domain, but has the AGM occured and has the club made a press release regarding the figures.

One of the points of an AGM is for shareholders to be able to ask questions. So it is sensible to review figures and accounts in advance of one. This is the Rovers not the Chinese Communist party, so dont panic. JW is not going to come round and bundle you off to a treacle mine in Burnley for querying how the money we give him is spent.

My dad has a tenners worth from the 70's Rally Round the Rovers campaign. So if there are staggeringly obvious questions for the Board then I might be able to get him to weigh in.

One of the points of an AGM is for shareholders to be able to ask questions. So it is sensible to review figures and accounts in advance of one. This is the Rovers not the Chinese Communist party, so dont panic. JW is not going to come round and bundle you off to a treacle mine in Burnley for querying how the money we give him is spent.

My dad has a tenners worth from the 70's Rally Round the Rovers campaign. So if there are staggeringly obvious questions for the Board then I might be able to get him to weigh in.

Heck I'm not panicing. I could have easily have posted the financial statement after christmas when I recieved them, however this site and the admin people of this site have a good relationship with the club. I would go so far as saying that there are very few clubs, where the chairman and chief executive have such an open door policy in respect to their supporters.

I for one wouldnt want to sour that relationship.

As far as Im concerned I shall await confirmation from this sites admin before I post the report.

Heck I'm not panicing. I could have easily have posted the financial statement after christmas when I recieved them, however this site and the admin people of this site have a good relationship with the club. I would go so far as saying that there are very few clubs, where the chairman and chief executive have such an open door policy in respect to their supporters.

As far as Im concerned I shall await confirmation from this sites admin before I post the report.

The difference is that at that time they were NOT in the public domain (that only happens once they are filed at Companies House. Which they are.) Frankly if the PLC cannot get its act in order to hold its AGM before the date that the financial statements have to be filed (if they actually care about getting there before the supporters can), and therefore go into the public domain, then that's a little worrying on the Corporate Governance front.

Get a grip Alan. The accounts are in the public domain and this is a supporters web-site. We're perfectly entitled to comment on the accounts however we see fit, whether the club like it or not.

Archived