BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Internet On Mobile

Eventually I am getting a new phone, one that is capable of getting me on the internet.

What I'd like to know is how much in mb's does it take up. I am probably only going to check my emails using gmail, check news sites every so often...nothing much.

Just as an example I've been looking at vodaphone - they charge a maximum of £1/day for 15mb or £7.50/month for 120mb, and I'm trying to work out which way would be cheapest

I have a Sony Ericsson phone which is great for surfing the internet, im with orange so its unlimited browsing for just £1 a day, so i pay for it when i want to use it which is okay for me. The phone itself i got for just £60 new, my old one (Samsung D900) was crap for surfing the internet and was unbelievabley slow.

• 3 weeks later...

also dont be sucked in by the word 'unlimeted' theres no such thing, unlimited internet access (on fones) is capped, if you read the small print it will say 'fair usage policy' my 'unlimited' is capped at 200mb per month, i can use more than that as long as i dont use my fone as a modem, over download or stream... id presume its the same for the rest too!

4.1 is out this week some time. ive got 4.1 beta aswel as 4.0

4.1 is wifi enabled which is good news if u live near a hotspot like me...

i would recommend anyone to download opera mini (google it). one of the best freebies you will get for your fone.

make sure you download "opera mini" as theres another opera which requires a monthly fee after your free month... opera mini will work on any fone thats got java!

Opera is great...its superb.Many times i would be in the bus on BRFCS and post from my phone,using Opera.It usualy costs me about 1 pound for the month,depending how long im on there.Remember,its not the time you on the internet,but mainly the MB used to send and Receive,that your operator would charge you for.

Archived