BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "shearer Or Me"

Popped down to the Thwaites (Red Brick) Theater with the family last night to see the latest production ..."Shearer or Me". A light-hearted tale of obsession and marital strife (and er..ABBA!) set against the backdrop of Rovers Premiership triumph in '95. A good evenings entertainment ... I would recommend it to anybody who wants to wallow in the nostalgia of Rovers Premiership success ... but hurry .... it only has another two nights to run.

T'was very good wasn't it? You've got to ask though, why on earth did he get together with her in the first place?!

Good to see you and your better half there last night Bob ... and your right .... that relationship was as likely to work as Rovers ground sharing with the Dingles!

I should go really. My mate went, he's a retired solicitor and full time Burnley fan and he enjoyed it tremendously even though in his words some of the references to Bumley had him squirming uncomfortably in his seat at times.

i went last night. really enjoyed it, the quality of the performances was exceptional, especially from "amateurs".

there were some cruel jokes about chester city as well, but in all the script was very good. not any historical gaffes as far as i could tell, although it was a bit odd that a vicar and a factory "reliever" would have had mobile phones in 1994?

its not really so much about rovers, or football especially. more about compulsions and obsessions and the damage they can cause to relationships.

marks out of 10 : from me 9 :brfcsmilie:

i went last night. really enjoyed it, the quality of the performances was exceptional, especially from "amateurs".

there were some cruel jokes about chester city as well, but in all the script was very good. not any historical gaffes as far as i could tell, although it was a bit odd that a vicar and a factory "reliever" would have had mobile phones in 1994?

its not really so much about rovers, or football especially. more about compulsions and obsessions and the damage they can cause to relationships.

marks out of 10 : from me 9 :brfcsmilie:

Forgive me if I'm being more than a little stupid, but why would we be making cruel jokes about Chester City? Have I missed something?

Cheers

Archived