BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brisbane

In 4 weeks time, I will be moving across to work in our office in Brisbane (in Fortitude Valley).

Any advice on which area to live in and guide prices would be appreciated! As I won;t have a car, I'll be relying on public transport to get me to Fortitude Valley and back home. I also want to be near the main bars and cafes. Is New Farm a nice area for accomodation?

Any tips?

What about ANZ as a bank?

cheers!

Nayef

You do need to watch your back- the ozzie gays are the most forwards in the world! I have spent less than 1% of my life in Australia but probably 50% of the uninvited unwanted male approaches I have been subject to have come in Australia.

Or perhaps they just like the pommie accent.

Never been to Brisbane but people I know who have been there love it.

Perth is the place to be for English immigrants. ANZ, Commonwealth Bank there all pretty much the same sort of deal. The weather is great all year around. Currently here in Perth it's winter yet its 24 degrees outside. Football is normally live at midnight saturday nights with Foxtel (our sky) showing 5 live games at the same time plus all the usual super sundays and monday nights.

In 4 weeks time, I will be moving across to work in our office in Brisbane (in Fortitude Valley).

Any advice on which area to live in and guide prices would be appreciated! As I won;t have a car, I'll be relying on public transport to get me to Fortitude Valley and back home. I also want to be near the main bars and cafes. Is New Farm a nice area for accomodation?

Any tips?

What about ANZ as a bank?

cheers!

Nayef

How funny. I've just moved from Brisbane to to the UK :)

Well, if you're working in "The Valley", then you could either live there, or as you say New Farm. New Farm is an older area which was basically settled by a lot of Italians many years ago. But as Brisbane keeps getting bigger the more developed it has become. So you will find that your accomodation will either be an old "Queenslander" type house, apartments about 20 years old or brand spanking new apartments. And the best thing is about the area, it is a 20 min walk to the city by the river walk and has a lot of restaurants and cafes. There are also bus, ferry and citycat services as well. Try www.realestate.com.au I'm sure you will find something there.

As for banks, I'm with Westpac. I've not had any problems at all with them.

Need to know more, just PM me.

Archived