BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes - His Rovers Epitaph

I think the good ship City has just revealed its true depths of just how it is run as a club.

The Ch Exec has left.

Fazackerley has also left.

City's debt is to be revealed to its shareholder at a meeting on Monday and it will be revealed as £59m in the red.

City will further announce a loss of around £9m NOT including transfer fees on Monday.

This information has come from a club member who is a shareholder and an angry one at that as the promises set by Frankie when he took over have not come to fruition. The anger will get even more in the fac of City's board when they announce the pay off for Sven and the hotel bill for his 12 months in office !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not been following the Thaksin story too closely but there has been a massive slippage from what was promised to what is being delivered.

City are already hamstrung by not owning Eastlands and having effectively mortgaged some 16,000 (I vaguely remember) of their paying spectators for 25 years as part of the stadium capital cost recovery deal with Manchester Council. I guess that is why Thaksin is so desperate to get the full 48,000 capacity utilised.

On last years average gate, Man City were getting the benefit of about 26,000 spectators on average- a number that would rise to 32,000 if they sold out every week.

City had some awkward debts of £50m+ which on a couple of occasions nearly sent them under. It seems Thaksin might not have repaid those despite saying he would do so.

Then he was reported at looking at ways to securitise the costs of running City- ie mortgaging even more of the matchday seat revenue into the future but I guess no commercial organisation fancied that with the City council and their terms and conditions sitting there first.

And finally, Thaksin appears to be somewhat illiquid with significant questions over how he could finance an acquisition spree this summer (not for/by Sparky but for his own fun). A New York Times article yesterday was indicating that Thaksin is not getting all his own way in the Court hearings about restoring "his" money.

Let's see what happens.

Sparky will by now be getting a sense of what a real circus is like.

It seems that even Alan Hansen is rubbishing his ridiculous 'Chelsea were never an option' statement. Given that we've seen him work for 3-4 years now I am most suprised at his obvious attempts to tell lies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...6/sfnhan116.xml

Any City fans choosing to believe that rubbish are delusional.

That bid for Jol is now on the rocks it appears. Player ownership is in doubt and apparently involves Joorbaichim again. Dodgepot City or what? Hughes will be putting a brave face on of course but must now be wondering what he's left himself in for and surely regretting his involvement with the slimy Peter Kenyon. imo the steep upward momentum of his managerial career has halted and just might be heading in the opposite direction. Mark my words.....He should do a Steve Coppull and get the fkcu out of there.

That bid for Jol is now on the rocks it appears. Player ownership is in doubt and apparently involves Joorbaichim again. Dodgepot City or what? Hughes will be putting a brave face on of course but must now be wondering what he's left himself in for and surely regretting his involvement with the slimy Peter Kenyon. imo the steep upward momentum of his managerial career has halted and just might be heading in the opposite direction. He should do a Steve Coppull and get the fkcu out of there.

Should we accept him back at the end of the season?

put it down to gardening leave!

:rover:

Archived