BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Ps3 Bundle

I'm thinking it's time to bite the bullet and get a PS3. I've spotted that my local Gamestation are doing the new 80gb PS£ with Fifa 2009 for £299. It's the one game I'd want and seems a pretty good deal.

Has anyone else spotted any good deals?

To be honest Ricky I think that at the moment that sounds like a good deal to me. I was asked the same question the other week and the best one really was £309 with 1 game (tiger woods)

So I think you may have a good deal there.

The rumor mill is saying that at some point there could be a smaller re-designed PS3 - at what point this could be though is anyones guess - you could be waiting over a year for it.

Guest Kamy100

Hold fire for a couple of day.

The Tokyo Game Show is happening this week in Japan and there is speculation that Sony are going to announce a price cut. Sony are doing a press conference on Thursday.

Cheers Cocker and Kamy. My mate is assistant manager at Gamestation and the offer ends on Thursday but by tomorrow he'll be able to tell me what the next deal is going to be and if it's better or worse than the current Fifa deal.

Interesting news on the possible price drop. I read that in japan the xbox was still outselling the PS3 by 2 to 1. I guess Sony have to do something to buck the trend.

Guest Kamy100

Yeah that was happening in Japan but just over the last month as the 360 had some RPG's released over there. Overall though the PS3 has sold more than the 360 but with the recent 360 price drop worldwide Sony need to do something as otherwise come Christmas parents are going to go for the 360 as it is £130 cheaper than the PS3.

I expect them to announce a price drop this week.

Might be a bit late for you now, and you might not have one close / be a member / know someone who is a member / or want the smaller model but...

costco are currently getting rid of the 40gb models for only £211 with Army of 2 and Fifa 08 (yes 08) reackon you could get back at least £20 for those 2 games. I was actually tempted and then realised I would only want it for bluray and I have a perfectly good media pc for that.

Cheers Biddy

Not a member of costco and I dont think there's one anywhere near me. I've still not got one sorted at the moment. The money is sat in the bank waiting for the best deal. I'm also holding off as I was keen to get it for online play but having problems with getting a phoneline connected. Bt are proving to be a bit of a nightmare.

Cheers Biddy

Not a member of costco and I dont think there's one anywhere near me. I've still not got one sorted at the moment. The money is sat in the bank waiting for the best deal. I'm also holding off as I was keen to get it for online play but having problems with getting a phoneline connected. Bt are proving to be a bit of a nightmare.

Advert in the Sun

Asda

PS3 and Pro Evo 09 for £297

I'm a Fifa man though so still swaying towards Gamestations 80 gig model with fifa for 299.

Kamy, any more news on the predicted price drop? I know you mentioned it last week but wondered what was actually said at the Sony press conference, did it end up being about something different.

I don't know what they said at the shows but everyone is reporting that Sony are saying there will be no price drop. Of course, last time they said that, the price dropped the next week.

Surely they have to drop soon as the 360 is killing them in sales again since they dropped. Bit of a difference when you can pick up a 360 Arcade for £105.

I'm a Fifa man though so still swaying towards Gamestations 80 gig model with fifa for 299.

Kamy, any more news on the predicted price drop? I know you mentioned it last week but wondered what was actually said at the Sony press conference, did it end up being about something different.

GS are also doin a PS3 80gig model with Fifa with extra pad for £330. I know its only a tenner saving on the pad but its more than worth it. Just depends on weather the store has the space to display the deal or not but if you ask the staff if they have any other deals Im pretty sure they will oblige.

Guest Kamy100

Nope looks like there is not going to be a price drop which is a shame.

There are lots of good deals around, the best one I have seen is at Asda where you get a 80GB PS3 with either FIFA, PES or Battlefield for £299.99. Also the 40GB version of the PS3 which has been discontinued is £237 at HMV in store only and subject to stock availability, Costco are now selling off their 40GB machines for £211 incl VAT or Amazon £289.97 80gb with free hdmi cable plus a game for £10.

Archived