BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stella

Conversely I really like the 4% Becks version. (Becks Vier)

Surprised me how good this was considering I also like the normal BECKS.

Kronenberg & Carlsberg Export along with Becks and Stella

Can't be doing with the Carling and Fosters ( can put up with if must)

As with Abbey - the black gold is the dogs though.

Anybody on here drink in the Griffin in 'Assey'?

Here we go with the old fellers 'that 'lager's for little boys and puffs'. Well imo ale is like 'maidens water', it's for wusses compared to a good lager. Not that Stella is a good lager, it's quite the opposite. which I'd prefer. ;)

"Ale is like Maidens water" LOL. I think your missing the point Gord...it's about the taste ( or lack of it in most pub lagers) of proper ale. The problem that you have is that Blackburn must be one of the worst towns around for finding good beer.

Anyway, I'm off for some Moorhouse's Pride of Pendle. Which of your lager beers can compete with that?

Good luck wig. I take it you are driving tonight? Cos you'll drown before you get p1ssed with that stuff! :lol:

Since when was drinking decent beer about getting p1ssed? If that's all you want you could try meths.

It's about taste not necking as much alcohol as you can as quickly as you can.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.....................ive been doing it wrong for 25 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limp off! :D

After many years of being a real ale head I've been rather charmed by a couple of decent lagers recently. Nor Fosters or Carling or anything daft like that, but a wheat beer (Hoogarten) & Starpromen.

What do you recommend Theno?

Have a look for Duval next time you are about its well nice but rather dangerous.

Duval is about as stong a blonde beer as you can get. There's not many strong beers I like, but that is one of them. Agree that it's extremely dangerous though.

Funny the Ale vs Lager argument, I actually like both but it all depends on what mood I'm in and what's on offer in the pub.

Blackburn's a funny old place now as there's so many pubs that don't serve real beer. But then you have pubs like the Fieldens where they have several great beers. Down in London, every traditional pub will serve 2 or 3 real ales at least it's just the quality isn't always that good and often there's no head.

Is the new Stella this Pietermans Artois? Had some in a can the other week and I thought it was natt's ######. But then I only really like premium lagers and Stella is far from my preferred choice. Had some Paulaner the other night and that was great.

Since when was drinking decent beer about getting p1ssed? If that's all you want you could try meths.

It's about taste not necking as much alcohol as you can as quickly as you can.

Al are you a member of Camra? If so do you have a Roger Whittaker beard, wear an arran sweater, cordouroy trousers, shoes that look like dead pig's noses and smoke a pipe? If so I'll give you wiggy's contact number and you can share a car to the monthly meetings. btw Don't forget to play his favourite Lancashire folk music on the cd. ;)

Duval is about as stong a blonde beer as you can get. There's not many strong beers I like, but that is one of them. Agree that it's extremely dangerous though.

Funny the Ale vs Lager argument, I actually like both but it all depends on what mood I'm in and what's on offer in the pub.

Blackburn's a funny old place now as there's so many pubs that don't serve real beer. But then you have pubs like the Fieldens where they have several great beers. Down in London, every traditional pub will serve 2 or 3 real ales at least it's just the quality isn't always that good and often there's no head.

Is the new Stella this Pietermans Artois? Had some in a can the other week and I thought it was natt's ######. But then I only really like premium lagers and Stella is far from my preferred choice. Had some Paulaner the other night and that was great.

no its proper stella -0.2%

Al are you a member of Camra? If so do you have a Roger Whittaker beard, wear an arran sweater, cordouroy trousers, shoes that look like dead pig's noses and smoke a pipe? If so I'll give you wiggy's contact number and you can share a car to the monthly meetings. btw Don't forget to play his favourite Lancashire folk music on the cd. ;)

You're actually not too far away with that Gordon. Yes I own an Arran sweater which goes back to the days of The Clancy Brothers Irish folk music. I do enjoy Lanky folk music and am a real ale fan but it has to be pumped and not flat and poured out of a tap on the side of a barrel. However I am not a member of Camra but only because I have not been asked. Don't have a beard and don't smoke. Usually wear jeans and trainers.

That OK Gordon?

Archived