BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tore Reginiussen

Rainmaker

Just been on the Tromso messageboard. The general census of opinion there is that he is a very good player. Most seem to wish him well and all the best, thinking a move to us would be beneficial for the lad. Krislu takes a bit of stick for the 'slow' comments and again most deny this.

A good move this, I've felt for some time that the defence needs a shake up, in particular Nelsen who is not the player he was.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reginiussen has been pretty bad tonight. Ukraine just scored on the penalty kick they were awarded due to a clumsy challenge by the young centre half, and he's made a couple of other mistakes too. He is a pretty decent player in my eyes, though, but prone to making the odd error now and then.

He reminds me of Christian Daily for some reason...........We can do better........He looks very lightweight to me......Norway have droped down to 52 in the rankings.........We need a big powerful defender with pace.....Stay well clear Ince.

Brann have refused Rovers in there quest to bring the Gambian Midfeilder on trial......Brann have told them sign him or carry on scouting him.........Seems fair to me.........

MGP would probably attract some interest if we made him available though, just to put things into perspective here.

I disagree with Unleaded's views on this, because for one - Reginiussen has got pace, probably one of the quickest central defenders in the Norwegian league. He's not Ricardo Carvalho or Luis Perea, but his pace isn't a problem at all. He would probably have to do a job in the gym though, but six months with a physical trainer and he'll be strong enough, and I really don't think being soft (Tiny Tayler-like) is an issue.

On a side note, Reginiussen is a friend of a friend of a friend - never met the guy - but the chain seems to think that Blackburn has not made a bid, which makes sense, and that the player himself is confident this can be done. I guess it's up to Ince at this point if that is the case.

This deal would be one for the future though, I think that's an important part of it. He's 22 and talented, but not ready yet.

Archived