BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tore Reginiussen

Rainmaker

Apparently Tore Reginiussen from Tromsø IL, a young central defender, is to be at Rovers from 23. to 27. november for talks and medical, according to Tromsø IL homepage

http://www.til.no/www/klubben/nyheter/tore...l_for_blackburn

It is MGPs former club, so he may have been involved.

Reginiussen recently broke into the Norway national team

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, another disaster signing from the Paul Ince! Reginiussen is a rather slow defender and prone to mistakes, and not near PL standard if you ask me. This stinks desperation like nothing else, surely this is MGPs work as Ince doesnt know any player apart from league 2, old mates and whatever he sees on youtube.com.

Isn't he that polar bear in 'THE GOLDEN COMPASS"?

We're buying a polar bear?!?!? Right that's it, it's gone too far now. Does Williams know about this? How can he sanction the signing of a bloody bear!?!

Having said that you'll not get much past a polar bear. Cisse would have been jumped on and had his head bitten off when clean through on Saturday, admittedly the ref would have had to consider sending him off but would you red card a polar bear? I wouldn't.

Plus points: -

Quicker than they look.

Cuddly.

A big presence in the box.

Negatives: -

Top of the foul play league.

Smell of fish.

General death and destruction.

I was having such a bad day until i read Bob Flemming's post, next home game i am going to have to hunt you down (like a bear) and buy you a pint because that really made me laugh :D.

We're buying a polar bear?!?!? Right that's it, it's gone too far now. Does Williams know about this? How can he sanction the signing of a bloody bear!?!

Having said that you'll not get much past a polar bear. Cisse would have been jumped on and had his head bitten off when clean through on Saturday, admittedly the ref would have had to consider sending him off but would you red card a polar bear? I wouldn't.

Plus points: -

Quicker than they look.

Cuddly.

A big presence in the box.

Negatives: -

Top of the foul play league.

Smell of fish.

General death and destruction.

Polar Bears feed on slower, less impressive mammals so perhaps he can come to us and eat Robbie Fowler. Does us a favour and all that excess lard should keep him strong for the rest of the season!

Think of the revenue we would get off his image rights,especially this time of year.Put a santa`s hat and scarf on him,every kid in England will want a poster of him on their bedroom wall! :P

Seriously though,he can`t be that bad if he has just broken into the national team.

But then again Kieran Richardson once played for England..... :wacko:

Think of the revenue we would get off his image rights,especially this time of year.Put a santa`s hat and scarf on him,every kid in England will want a poster of him on their bedroom wall! :P

Seriously though,he can`t be that bad if he has just broken into the national team.

But then again Kieran Richardson once played for England..... :wacko:

You don't know what the Norwegian national team is like.

I'll give you a clue. It's rubbish.

Ach well...suppose we have to grin and bear it.

Ahem.

I think Polar Bears are exclusively left footed as well - Warnock better watch his place.

Still, look forward to having "Foxes Glacier Mints" as our shirt sponsor next year. Actually do they still exist? - come to think of it - does MGP still exist? Not seen much of him on Saturday afternoons lately...

I think Polar Bears are exclusively left footed as well - Warnock better watch his place.

Still, look forward to having "Foxes Glacier Mints" as our shirt sponsor next year. Actually do they still exist? - come to think of it - does MGP still exist? Not seen much of him on Saturday afternoons lately...

Maybe the bear ate him...

To get back on topic, Tore Reginiussen has had a good season in the norwegian top division and it does not surprise me that a PL team wants to look closer at him. At the moment I can't see him improve our back 4, but he might be a signing for the future years (in a lower division).

Reginiussen is a good central defender, capable of breaking into a Premier League side now in my opinion. We won't know until he's had a go at it, but he has certainly responded quickly to the challenge of international football. He's tall and strong, and would fit in well with Samba - he plays alongside Hangeland for Norway.

Best part is he's (fairly) cheap, and he's just 22. Go get him!

Don't know how cheap he would be but Tromsø are in need of cash and thus not in a favorable position to play hardball. He's by no means slow as some other person on here mentioned but he is prone to making mistakes. If he toughens up a bit and gains a higher level of consistency he can prove a real bargain in the long run. I was going to say we don't need central defenders but come to think of it I can't think of a single position we don't need strengthened except for maybe left back.

In my opinion Reginussen is far from ready for first team PL-action! He is a good player, but every game he seems to loose concentration at crucial moments. I also doubt that he will be physically ready for the PL right now. He could be a good buy for the future, but it remains to see if we can afford to buy for the future when this January comes. I think our defence suffers at the moment because we can´t put a decent midfield together. Midfield has to be the first priority for strengthening in January.

Archived