BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Afc Champions League 2009

the draw for the 2009 AFC Champions League.

http://www.the-afc.com/eng/articles/viewAr..._168427540.html

Group H...

Kawasaki Frontale (JPN)

Does any one support these clubs?

Central Coast Mariners (AUS)

Tianjin Teda (CHN)

Pohang Steelers (KOR)

------fixture (might be...)

Frontale HOME 11.Mar.Tianjin Teda (CHN)

AWAY 18.Mar Pohang Steelers (KOR)

AWAY 8.Apr. Central Coast Mariners (AUS)

Frontale HOME 22.Apr. Central Coast Mariners (AUS)

AWAY 6.May. Tianjin Teda (CHN)

Frontale HOME20.May. Pohang Steelers (KOR)

the draw for the 2009 AFC Champions League.

http://www.the-afc.com/eng/articles/viewAr..._168427540.html

Group H...

Kawasaki Frontale (JPN)

Does any one support these clubs?

Central Coast Mariners (AUS)

Tianjin Teda (CHN)

Pohang Steelers (KOR)

If you come to this game you'll have fun watching the water and the palm trees from your seat at Bluetongue Stadium.

Bluetongue_CC_Stadium.jpg

Also if you're coming to the game and you have any questions how to get there and the like just send me a message, I've been there a lot of times as an away fan so know the deal up there.

How long does it take Sydney to Bluetongue Stadium?
About 1 hour and 15 minutes by train and anywhere between 90 minutes+ by car depending on where you start and what day/time you leave. You'll see how inefficient our rail system is compared to the Japanese system.

About 1 hour and 15 minutes by train and anywhere between 90 minutes+ by car depending on where you start and what day/time you leave. You'll see how inefficient our rail system is compared to the Japanese system.

Australian Railway system is worse than GREAT BRITAIN? ... that s#cks! : D

anyway,

Central Coast Mariners is strong? I really don't know about A-League.

I saw Gamba Osaka v Adelaide United so far.... Adelaide United is not so strong.......

Bluetongue Stadium- isn't that a notifyable disease?
It's the name of a brewing company who have the naming rights at the stadium. BTW the beer is pretty crap although better than some of the swill you get at other sporting stadiums in Australia (which isn't saying much).

Are there sharknets to protect the ball boys?
That's what the palm tress are for, they stop the balls getting onto the highway behind the stadium ;)

Australian Railway system is worse than GREAT BRITAIN? ... that s#cks! : D
I know that sounds impossible but it is worse.

Central Coast Mariners is strong? I really don't know about A-League.

I saw Gamba Osaka v Adelaide United so far.... Adelaide United is not so strong.......

Central Coast are a strong team, very hard to break down and very tightly knit unit so it will be tough. You never know though, the ACL games are during our off-season so they might be a bit short of match fitness plus one of their strikers might be going to another club in that time.

Adelaide were a bit weird, their worse games of the ACL came in the finals against Gamba because their counter-attacking game didn't work. Although saying that they took care of Kashima pretty easily in the quarter finals.

Are you thinking of coming to Australia for the game?

Central Coast are a strong team, very hard to break down and very tightly knit unit so it will be tough. You never know though, the ACL games are during our off-season so they might be a bit short of match fitness plus one of their strikers might be going to another club in that time.

Adelaide were a bit weird, their worse games of the ACL came in the finals against Gamba because their counter-attacking game didn't work. Although saying that they took care of Kashima pretty easily in the quarter finals.

Are you thinking of coming to Australia for the game?

When does A-League season start? and finish?

I think I will not to visit in May. If It's Final Match, I think seriously.

('cause Sydney is too much far away from Tokyo, not to good to visit for mid week game! 3days trip to go to Australia? No way!)

How about you? Are you coming?

Oh, Every ACL game (Home game), Frontale hold the event. We're really looking forward to it! (ex.; when Indonesian club visited Todoroki, We enjoyed beautiful Indonesian dancers dance with music and Indonesian food at stadium food court.) What is famous food at Sydney? Crocodile meat? : )

When does A-League season start? and finish?
Usually starts in August and finishes in February although with two more teams next season the season dates might change.

I think I will not to visit in May. If It's Final Match, I think seriously.

('cause Sydney is too much far away from Tokyo, not to good to visit for mid week game! 3days trip to go to Australia? No way!)

How about you? Are you coming?

Haven't decided, I might pop up there for the Frontale game but it's such a pain in the arse to go up there during the week due to the horrendous traffic especially as it's a team I don't support.

Oh, Every ACL game (Home game), Frontale hold the event. We're really looking forward to it! (ex.; when Indonesian club visited Todoroki, We enjoyed beautiful Indonesian dancers dance with music and Indonesian food at stadium food court.) What is famous food at Sydney? Crocodile meat? : )
:lol: Try some kangaroo steaks that might be Aussie enough.

bookmakers odds

http://centrebet.com/cust?action=GoEvType&...&tab=sports

Winner Group H - Group H - Winner

KAWASAKI FRONTALE (JPN) 1.80

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS (AUS) 3.50

TIANJIN TEDA (CHN) 5.00

POHANG STEELERS (KOR) 6.00

2009 Asian Champions League Winner

KASHIMA ANTLERS (JPN) 5.50

GAMBA OSAKA (JPN) 7.50

KAWASAKI FRONTALE (JPN) 8.00

NAGOYA GRAMPUS (JPN) 10.00

SUWON BLUEWINGS (KOR) 11.00

AL ITTIHAD (KSA) 12.00

BUNYODKOR (UZB) 13.00

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS (AUS) 15.00

FC SEOUL (KOR) 15.00 .................

Sydney Rovers is doing the Central Coast a disservice.

Gosford, Where the Mariners play, is quite a nice town on the northern side of Brisbane Water. Some very nice beaches not more than 10- 15 minutes away.

I can get there by car (I live on the south side of Sydney, Gosford is to the north) in about 1 1/2 hours. It would be quicker but you have to negotiate the famous F3 freeway. The intercity train is actually not bad, it goes through some very nice scenery and the Hawkwsbury river crossing at Brooklyn is quite spectacular. The only problem arises if there are track issues or derailments.

I can recommend Iguana Joes for food and drink (just opposite the stadium), though it's not a good idea to ask the staff if they know who you are(inside joke after a pollie who caused mayhem there a couple of years back).

Finally, SR, when are we going to have a beer at the Lord Nelson?

Sydney Rovers is doing the Central Coast a disservice.

Gosford, Where the Mariners play, is quite a nice town on the northern side of Brisbane Water. Some very nice beaches not more than 10- 15 minutes away.

I can get there by car (I live on the south side of Sydney, Gosford is to the north) in about 1 1/2 hours. It would be quicker but you have to negotiate the famous F3 freeway. The intercity train is actually not bad, it goes through some very nice scenery and the Hawkwsbury river crossing at Brooklyn is quite spectacular. The only problem arises if there are track issues or derailments.

I can recommend Iguana Joes for food and drink (just opposite the stadium), though it's not a good idea to ask the staff if they know who you are(inside joke after a pollie who caused mayhem there a couple of years back).

The fact I've gone there for games means I might be a bit biased as they have a big bogan element in their support.

Finally, SR, when are we going to have a beer at the Lord Nelson?
Name the day!

The fact I've gone there for games means I might be a bit biased as they have a big bogan element in their support.

Name the day!

All those displaced westies, eh :lol:

I'll give you a call, I'm a bit busy for the next couple of weeks. It may have to be in Feb sometime.

• 1 month later...

this is CENTRAL COAST MARINERS Squad list...

How is this? strong squad?

http://www.the-afc.com/eng/competitions/te...284AUS-629.html

1 BOJIC PREDRAG 4 DF

2 BOOGAARD NIGEL 16 DF

3 CACERES CLAUDIO ADRIAN 10 MF

4 CLARK ANDREW CHARLES 15 DF

5 D'APUZZO DAVID FRANK 6 DF

6 ELRICH AHMAD 21 MF

7 GUMPRECHT ANDRE 2 MF

8 HEFFERNAN DEAN JAMES 8 MF

9 HUKE SHANE 3 MF

10 HUTCHINSON JOHN PAUL 7 MF