BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Increase Police Activity In Blackburn

Probably need to fine a few motorists to increase their prosecutions tally and fill the coffers a bit more. Maybe the cameras are becoming less effective as motorists get used to their locations.

It is not just highly visable patrol cars. There have been a numebr of signting of low key cars stopping vehicles. My company has 50+ vehicles in the area, this has been noted by a good few of them. So people be careful and mindful out there!

I suppose it could be part of a crackdown on those involved in drug dealing , prostitution , grooming and the like . Very unlikely , though - there's not much of a precedent in the cops doing that kind of work round these parts .

Al's probably right .........it'll be summat to do with fleecing the average bloke who happens to own a car .

Al's probably right .........it'll be summat to do with fleecing the average bloke who happens to own a car .

Avgerage bloke who looks like they can afford to pay the fine and won't be a source of endless paperwork and beaurocracy more like.

• Backroom

I never quite get the outrage against speed camera's and the like.

I've been done myself but it's a fair cop, you go over the limit your quite right to be done for it.

The only gripe I have is I think speed limits in certain area's should be changed depending on the time of day etc

The police are searching five houses in Burnley under the Anti Terrorism Act, just been on Sky News!!

The vans stopped had vehicle livery on saying 'Blackburn UK to Gaza' seems to me from a sceptical point of view that the police are trying to hide embarrassing our own 'Black Jack' Straw by failing to mention Blackburn but mention Burnley instead.

and shoes!

Things anybody else would put in the bin. :rolleyes:

Moving on................. A 4000 mile round trip including 4 sea crossings in a van that does about 25mpg will likely cost more than the value of it's important and desperately needed cargo of second hand toys and worn out shoes won't it?

Also why do 5 have to go all the way with it? Thats using the weight limit up unecessarily.

Also was the windowless van correctly equipped and insured to carry 8 passengers? If there had been a crash it could have become a weapon of mass destruction.

Archived