BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Town Centre

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone compared people who go to the traff centre as being utd fans..well we went in town this morning after three things and guess wht next didnt have them or river island they said try the other next which we did and they didnt have ,they informed the only place that had what we wanted was the traff or arndale ones.ITS KNOW WONDER PEOPLE GO OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE ITS BLOODY AWFUL.

You're surprised ?

Hardly. Nothing revealed by the good Professor that has not been pointed out on here many times, but I suspect at much less cost. :rolleyes:

I guess there will be more than a few on here shifting uncomfortably in their seats.

Hardly. Nothing revealed by the good Professor that has not been pointed out on here many times, but I suspect at much less cost. :rolleyes:

I guess there will be more than a few on here shifting uncomfortably in their seats.

yes your right, but it can't be debated anymore ;)

Someone compared people who go to the traff centre as being utd fans..well we went in town this morning after three things and guess wht next didnt have them or river island they said try the other next which we did and they didnt have ,they informed the only place that had what we wanted was the traff or arndale ones.ITS KNOW WONDER PEOPLE GO OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE ITS BLOODY AWFUL.

Someone compared utd fans to people who go to the traff centre .... well we went to Ewood this season after three cups and guess wht(sic) we didnt(sic) win the league or the fa cup, we tried the other cup and didnt(sic) win that .. people suggested that if we wanted these things we should go to old trafford or anfield. ITS KNOW(sic) WONDER PEOPLE DON'T GO TO EWOOD BECAUSE ITS BLOODY AWFUL.

Someone compared utd fans to people who go to the traff centre .... well we went to Ewood this season after three cups and guess wht(sic) we didnt(sic) win the league or the fa cup, we tried the other cup and didnt(sic) win that .. people suggested that if we wanted these things we should go to old trafford or anfield. ITS KNOW(sic) WONDER PEOPLE DON'T GO TO EWOOD BECAUSE ITS BLOODY AWFUL.

Nice one :lol:

I went looking for a jacket in Manchester two weeks ago and didn't get one - I'm not bothering with the place anymore as its clearly useless

no problem then ..i will goto to blackburn and dont get what i want then. OK spark ,if for eg you wanted a holiday and it was £850 cheaper in the trafford centre than the same one in the blackburn shop and the blackburn shop wouldnt match it what would you do?

DOESNT MAKE ME A RED THO.

no problem then ..i will goto to blackburn and dont get what i want then. OK spark ,if for eg you wanted a holiday and it was £850 cheaper in the trafford centre than the same one in the blackburn shop and the blackburn shop wouldnt match it what would you do?

DOESNT MAKE ME A RED THO.

Ha! I don't think anyone on here is daft enought to suggest that Abbey doesn't have blue & white blood flowing through his veins.

Let's leave the Trafford Centre out of this shall we? It's an abomination that should never have been allowed to be built. Peel Holdings saw the opportunity to make lots of money by building a retail shopping centre next to the M60. It is not a town centre.

Most northern town centres have been clobbered over the past 40 years or so by bad designing, destruction of historic buildings and pandering to cars. In Nottingham there is the wonderfully named "Maid Marion Way." A dual carriageway which effectively killed off the west of the city centre.

But planners have learned that town and city centres are more than just retail and roads. They need to be moulded so that they grow organically. (Sorry for sounding like a hippy here.)

One example - I've been to Liverpool on a few occasions over the past year and that is a city that seems to be looking after itself. It's possible to walk from Lime Street station to the Mersey and only have to cross two roads. The city is stuffed full of listed buildings and they are being looked after & preserved.

Sad old Blackburn may be second division, but it's got a lot of catching up to do because there have been so many mistakes made over trhe past 40 years by people who were looking for some kind of concrete and plastic nirvana.

Could be worse.

We could all live in 1 - 2 - 3 B*****y

Most northern town centres have been clobbered over the past 40 years or so by bad designing, destruction of historic buildings and pandering to cars. In Nottingham there is the wonderfully named "Maid Marion Way." A dual carriageway which effectively killed off the west of the city centre.

Erm, I lived in Nottingham for the best part of 10 years ... to the west of Maid Marian Way is the Castle, the Trip to Jerusalem (pub) and the posh enclave known as the Park Estate. There were also some thriving bars when I was there (one owned by Des Walker, ex of England and Forest). I have no idea what you mean with the above statement, but I can't see a grain of accuracy in it!!

Erm, I lived in Nottingham for the best part of 10 years ... to the west of Maid Marian Way is the Castle, the Trip to Jerusalem (pub) and the posh enclave known as the Park Estate. There were also some thriving bars when I was there (one owned by Des Walker, ex of England and Forest). I have no idea what you mean with the above statement, but I can't see a grain of accuracy in it!!

Tris,

When I was there (albeit the best part of 30 years ago) Maid Marion Way was held up as a good example of poor road planning which effectively killed off everything to the west of it, because it was a complete barrier to pedestrian movement from the city centre which was to the east of MMW.

I recollect waiting for ages to cross it just to get the "The Trip To Jerusalem." Maybe it's been altered since I was there. I just gave it as an example of bad road planning in its time. Perhaps I should have encapsulated my comment with a time scale. Has there been anything recent developed west of MMW over the past 30 years? "The Trip To Jerusalem," the Castle; and the "Park Estate" probably don't count as they were there before MMW?

Colin

Tris,

When I was there (albeit the best part of 30 years ago) Maid Marion Way was held up as a good example of poor road planning which effectively killed off everything to the west of it, because it was a complete barrier to pedestrian movement from the city centre which was to the east of MMW.

I recollect waiting for ages to cross it just to get the "The Trip To Jerusalem." Maybe it's been altered since I was there. I just gave it as an example of bad road planning in its time. Perhaps I should have encapsulated my comment with a time scale. Has there been anything recent developed west of MMW over the past 30 years? "The Trip To Jerusalem," the Castle; and the "Park Estate" probably don't count as they were there before MMW?

Colin

If must have improved over the years, Colin. I worked in Newland House (just the "wrong" side of Maid Marian Way) for 2 years and crossed it at least 4 times daily what with nipping out for a butty at lunchtime. I don't recall ever having any problems other than when they closed it for a bomb scare.

You are telling me to post a positive? Crikey.......... Your first paragraph is full of negativity about Blackburn Paul. :lol:

And anyway in your own words you rarely go to the centre of town anyway so are you really qualified to judge and if so how valid is your opinion?

Only just noticed this. I realise you're rather busy at present but perhaps you could find time to read English correctly. You'll find it helps in understanding.

Only just noticed this. I realise you're rather busy at present but perhaps you could find time to read English correctly. You'll find it helps in understanding.

Ah a diversary tactic if ever I saw one. Criticism of grammar is the internet equivalent of the last refuge of a scoundrel. Like PhilipL you are unable to answer a simple question so you choose to bluster. Paul you cut a pathetic figure on here nowadays.

Archived