BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Matters On Setanta

For anyone who doesn't have Setanta, Football Matters is a round up of all the Premier games over the weekend, and like when Sky had Monday night Football they have a fans forum.

Unlike Sky though the forum usually only contains fans representing a few clubs, tonight they had two Rovers fans from New Orleans, just wondering if it was anybody off here.

Where are ya from?

New Orleans.

?!?! Why do you support Rovers then?

WHY NOT! :rover:

Haha that stumped the interviewer! It's not word for word correct but it went along those lines and got a laugh from the others aswell.

He was joined by his mrs I think so thats 2 at least :brfcsmilie:

For anyone who doesn't have Setanta, Football Matters is a round up of all the Premier games over the weekend, and like when Sky had Monday night Football they have a fans forum.

Unlike Sky though the forum usually only contains fans representing a few clubs, tonight they had two Rovers fans from New Orleans, just wondering if it was anybody off here.

They take whatever fans turn up. It's not deliberate that the fans most weeks are from the bigger clubs. It's that they have more fans in London than the smaller clubs do. My daughter has been on several times because she happened to be on work placement with Setanta or before that because she made the effort to go there. They were delighted to have a female fan from one of the lower clubs. If you want to be on turn up at their studio at about 7 I think on the evening and they'll probably take you. Otherwise email them and ask what you have to do to be on.

Where are ya from?

New Orleans.

?!?! Why do you support Rovers then?

WHY NOT! :rover:

Haha that stumped the interviewer! It's not word for word correct but it went along those lines and got a laugh from the others aswell.

He was joined by his mrs I think so thats 2 at least :brfcsmilie:

I saw it. I'm not too sure it stumped the"interviewer", who responded to 'WHY NOT' with "Well I can't think of plenty of reasons!" and then laughed, as did half the audience. At which point the American chap should have produced a sub machine gun and took them all out. Every credit to him for keeping cool though.

It's called special 1 TV it's featured on Football Matters and they also link 4 episodes together in a 30 min show on Setanta Sports and Setanta Ireland, you can also see all the episodes on Youtube also is it's predecessor I'm on Setanta Sports is on there.

When speaking to Andy (Andrew) Cole on the show, he revealed that he still had a 'good friend' at BRFC who believed we were going down before Sam came in. They asked him who his 'good friend' was and he refused to say.

Hardly a revelation, but just backs up what a complete shambles we were in before Big Sam arrived.

Archived